Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook Weighs in at 146 ; Errol Spence Comes in at 146

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont know why some said Spence looks small or drained, he still looks bigger then Brook.

Comment

We'll soon learn whether this is really a 50/50 fight or not. Who knows?

Comment

Brook looking healthy as a damn horse baby! Them DOOKIE BARS getting bombed on Spence all fight long!

Spence ain't.ever been cracked anywhere near as hard as Brook about about to do him.

That 1-2 works LIKE A CHARM!!! Then watch Brook get him with the 5-2 combination! Same one he got GGG with when it made him almost jump up that lead uppercut split his guard so hard! Then when the head is exposed and popped up from above the high-guard Brook comes down the pipe with the 2 (straight)

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post

I said I think they seemed to think Brook was going to be a lesser fighter due the the aforementioned weight cut, loss and eye injury. That, in my eyes, is a miscalculation.

At no point did I say they only wanted the fight due to the timing. You're a Spence fan and have taken it the way you wanted to.
          But they've been trying to fight Brook since before he was signed to fight GGG. He took the Bundu fight so he could fight Brook. That was schedule before GGG-BROOK. That was before they knew he was going up to MW. That was before the eye injury. Did they also think Brook was a lesser fighter then?

Comment

Geesh... Brook's a whopping 4 ounces heavier than Spence. That may not sound like much, but just think about that in terms of weed or hash.

Comment

I still fully believe Spence and his team thought this was a perfect 'timing' fight.

Brook coming off his only loss, recovering from an injury and everyone expecting him to struggle to make weight.

I think they miscalculated.
              Pretty sure Spence took the IBF route LONG before the GGG v Brook fight was even on the table. There is no substance to the claim that they took the IBF route coz they were thinking about a Brook loss to GGG. Even when the eliminator was announced, GGG was negotiating with Eubanks and not Brook.

I get that you guys want to get confidence from anywhere you can, but do you really have to create fantasy scenarios to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by ESAU View Post
                Brook looking healthy as a damn horse baby! Them DOOKIE BARS getting bombed on Spence all fight long!

Spence ain't.ever been cracked anywhere near as hard as Brook about about to do him.

That 1-2 works LIKE A CHARM!!! Then watch Brook get him with the 5-2 combination! Same one he got GGG with when it made him almost jump up that lead uppercut split his guard so hard! Then when the head is exposed and popped up from above the high-guard Brook comes down the pipe with the 2 (straight)
                Brook dont have the iq to ko spence,spence has 1 of the best 1 hand guard ive seen in a ww. He has a way of making it very difficult to hit him flush while still always being able to throw bombs back. Spence by tko expect brooks eyes to be completely cut open around midway,& hell then get stopped because he wont be able to see those killer left uppercuts. Brook will be dropping brownies alright

Comment

If spence had better footwork hed be baby hulk suger ray Leonard 2.0. But what most people dont realize is that fighters like him & canelo are flatfooted 4 a reason,they are true power punchers who are able to feint in place & make opponents miss while loading up the power shots in each exchange,with multi PowerShot combos being easier to land on the counter because of it,as they load up their shots & use their hips to hit,thats why imo canelo actually hits harder than gigi because he will have more 1 punch power at 160 while gigi uses punch accumulation to ko opponents,same w spence being stronger than garcia whos a known power puncher,but spence def. hits harder. Man down in the 9th.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                    Pretty sure Spence took the IBF route LONG before the GGG v Brook fight was even on the table. There is no substance to the claim that they took the IBF route coz they were thinking about a Brook loss to GGG. Even when the eliminator was announced, GGG was negotiating with Eubanks and not Brook.

I get that you guys want to get confidence from anywhere you can, but do you really have to create fantasy scenarios to do it?
                    I never said it was the reason he wanted the fight.

As I've said in other replies, I think they have been expecting a lesser Brook throughout the build up. I think they were expecting Brook to be drained at 147 on top of damaged from the Golovkin fight; instead he looks healthy and solid.

Comment

I said I think they seemed to think Brook was going to be a lesser fighter due the the aforementioned weight cut, loss and eye injury. That, in my eyes, is a miscalculation.

At no point did I say they only wanted the fight due to the timing. You're a Spence fan and have taken it the way you wanted to.
                      No, they took the Bundu fight without screaming, "Noooo, I want Brook! Nooo!" Prior to that Spence kept calling out Brook before and after the Algieri fight. And when they learn Hearn was responding to their calls and was looking for Brook's next fight, Bundu was suddenly a fight set in stone. Can't talk them out of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X