No announcement yet.

The History Channel's Vikings is Secretly The Greatest Show on Television

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Yeah but what seems promising is that when we go to England, Vikings will be there and involved. Where as 4A legit 1/3 of the entire season was England plotting and scheming with ZERO Viking presence.

We'll see France because it seemed from the commercials that Bjorn will need Rollo's help in securing passage to the Mediterranean. But again, Bjorn and Floki will be there.

What Seasons 1, 2, and 3 got right was we didn't spend useless time in England or France, or time where we were just watching them while Vikings were chilling at home. The Vikings were there when we saw them, mostly.

4A the Vikings didn't go to England, and didn't meet up with the French until Episode 7.
    Yes the problem (or one of them) of GOT is too many plot lines and Vikings went in that direction last year.

Comment

Definitely. 4A IMO they tried to be too much like Game of Thrones, and while I think that's a solid good show mostly, Vikings isn't Game of Thrones, and vice versa.

They tried to have the Vikings plot, the France plot, the England plot, Bjorn in the wild plot, Lagertha and Kalf early on plot, etc.

And the Vikings legit weren't involved in France until Episode 7 really. And they weren't involved in England at all.

I'm hoping Bjorn picks up Rollo and the way to the Mediterranean and ****ing kills him lol
      I honestly doubt that we see much of Rollo, outside of a few scenes maybe him finding out that the Great Heathen Army is going to Britain.. Cause France didn't actually play any part in the England stuff and they're trying to at least keep some semblance of historical accuracy.

Comment

• Ok episode. I'm glad we're already underway sailing places though. 4A we didn't start sailing until like Episode 6 or 7.

Best part of the episode was the ending with Ragnar and Ivar in that storm.

King Harald has apparently conquered many lands in Norway, he must have his eye on Kattegat. Interested to see where that goes.

Sigurd really is the douchiest brother of all.

Comment

Ok episode. I'm glad we're already underway sailing places though. 4A we didn't start sailing until like Episode 6 or 7.

Best part of the episode was the ending with Ragnar and Ivar in that storm.

King Harald has apparently conquered many lands in Norway, he must have his eye on Kattegat. Interested to see where that goes.

Sigurd really is the douchiest brother of all.
          I got some really strong death vibes from him this episode. Luckily for him, Ivar has sailed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
            I got some really strong death vibes from him this episode. Luckily for him, Ivar has sailed.
            Ivar will wind up killing him I'm guessing.

Seems like Ragnar is heading to England with the intention of getting caught, probably cause he knows that's the only way his sons and the other Viking warriors will return to England at this point.

I'm glad Ivar seems like an interesting and slightly charismatic character. If Ragnar truly dies this season, they will need another main guy to follow and carry the mantle. Ragnar is irreplaceable, but Ivar seems cool.

Comment

• Sons of Ragnar won't end up killing each other, that's for certain

They were part of the Great Heathen Army, imagine them having each of their own divisions pillaging the whole Europe

I'd recommend The Last Kingdom, a great companion piece for this. It's also a series but from a POV of a Brit captured by the Danes (vikings) when he was only a boy & raised as a Viking. The setting is about the Great Heathen Army invading England headed by Ubbe

Comment

• Originally posted by MaD RoBoT View Post
                Sons of Ragnar won't end up killing each other, that's for certain

They were part of the Great Heathen Army, imagine them having each of their own divisions pillaging the whole Europe

I'd recommend The Last Kingdom, a great companion piece for this. It's also a series but from a POV of a Brit captured by the Danes (vikings) when he was only a boy & raised as a Viking. The setting is about the Great Heathen Army invading England headed by Ubbe
                very nice.

i hope they continue this after ragnar you know.....

i mean wtf else is history channel gonna show?

pawnshop? ice truckers???

Comment

• Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                  very nice.

i hope they continue this after ragnar you know.....

i mean wtf else is history channel gonna show?

pawnshop? ice truckers???

it's already out, it's not from History Channel

Comment

• Originally posted by MaD RoBoT View Post
                    it's already out, it's not from History Channel

I tried it. But couldn't get into it. Maybe I'm too deep into Vikings to appreciate it. But the main guy seemed like a Jon Snow rip off tbh.

I'm liking this season of Vikings.

The Outsider - Good episode
                    The Vision - OK Episode
                    Two Journeys - Real Good episode
                    In the Uncertain Hour... - Good episode

I'm not sure that I'm ready for Ragnar to die next episode. Apparently History Channel isn't showing critics a little early like shows usually are, so something BIG must be happening.

And it all points to Ragnar dying so that he will get his true revenge on England through the vengeance of his sons. It almost seems too obvious, but it would be extremely anti climatic if Ragnar somehow survives the next episode.

I like Ivar, I think he has potential along with Jonathan Reys Meyers next season (supposedly playing a grown up Alfred the Great) to really lead the show. but I still have doubts about killing off a character the caliber of Ragnar. This isn't Game of Thrones killing Jon Snow, for all of like 2 episodes lol, where the show has no main character arc really. Ragnar is to Vikings what Jax was to Sons of Anarchy.

I don't know that he's replaceable. I mean just look at the last episode. 90% of it was just dialogue between Ragnar and Ecbert, and it was great!!! Because one, Travis and Linus have great chemistry on screen, and two.....Ragnar is just a damn captivating character.
                    Last edited by 4Corners; 12-24-2016, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• OK...I'm confused. Was that really Aethelstans' son? I though he was the Kings spawn?
                      And who was that blonde kid who got kicked out of the fort?

Otherwise....great episode. Great dialog between the King and Ragnar.

Comment

Working...
                      X