Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mexico........

Comment

Originally posted by ahferriz View Post
      Its not even close, Mexico has had a lot more champions, take a look and compare some lists on wikipedia:
      Looking at that list you provided..... ALOT of those Mex champs have a "0" next to their title defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        PR had Tito and Cotto.
        Like I said,, Mexico has Sanchez and chavez,,, trumps anything Rico has

Comment

Originally posted by whitealltrac View Post
          Not sure about that.......
          Here are some facts:
          Per Capita PR has the most champs ever in the entire world.
          John Ruiz is the only latin american that has held a heavyweight title, he is Rican
          Wilfredo Benitez is the youngest ever to win a championship belt he was 17
          Wilfredo Gomez Made 17 defenses of the WBC Junior Featherweight title, all by knockout, establishing a world record for most consecutive title defenses won by knockout.
          Tito Trinidad holds the record for welterweight title defenses (15) Never lost to a Mexican!
          The list of quality records goes on......
          Oscar* beat him. Come on lets be real here.

*Oscar was born in America, but has dual citizenship in Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
            Looking at that list you provided..... ALOT of those Mex champs have a "0" next to their title defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

I'm guessing you took a quick look at it too.... I was like damn.... that's alot of mfrs..... then saw the lack of defenses

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                As a Mexican let's be fair. Puerto Rico, P4P is holding their own. Pocos pero picosos!

But Mexicans & Mexican Americans have more champions than other countries.

But once the world becomes more integrated, this will change. There are warriors all over the world, once they have access to mainstream media in America, then we might start to know, what we don't know!!!

We don't know, what we don't know. We should try to know!
                But Messicans aint athletic doe... lol

Comment

Lets be real, Mexico has produced more quantity (and arguably quality) champions than my island all time. And also has done more for the sport.

The only quality records we hold over them is in per capita stuff and being the only country to have a champ in all weight divisions which is unofficial anyway since Ruiz wasnt born on the island.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR ROSADO! View Post
                    I never really look at the quantity of things when we looking for the best, I look at quality and Mexico has had the more quality champions.

Morales
                    Barrera
                    Sanchez
                    Chavez
                    Marquez

just those 5 names alone top anything Puerto Rico has ever done in this sport.
                    Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
                    Lets be real, Mexico has produced more quantity (and arguably quality) champions than my island all time. And also has done more for the sport.

The only quality records we hold over them is in per capita stuff and being the only country to have a champ in all weight divisions which is unofficial anyway since Ruiz wasnt born on the island.
                    You are not from where you are born, is Luis Miguel Rican?? He was born in PR....NO, he is Mexican!
                    If you are Rican and marry a Rican woman but you move to Japan, are your Japan born kids Japanese??? No, they still Ricans. You are from where your parents are! My daughter was born here in Pa, she aint gringa!!

By the way Cotto was born in Rhode Island!

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post

I'm guessing you took a quick look at it too.... I was like damn.... that's alot of mfrs..... then saw the lack of defenses
                      i did some quick excel work:

PR has 69 champions, 39 of them have more than 1 successful title defense.

Mex has 204 champions, 92 of them have more than 1 successful title defenses.

PR= 57% of champs with 2+ defenses
                      Mex= 45% of champs with 2+ defenses

PR is statistically better than mexico

Comment

Working...
                      X