No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Sr: Floyd Will Fight Guerrero, and Beat Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by littlemac View Post
    What do you think of Pac-boy saying Floyd was scared of Berto and Guerrero?
    Berto has explosive speed and power but terrible defense ... but his power is somewhat dampened now that he is off PEDs.
    Guerrero is more well rounded but lacks some natural abilities such as speed.

We all have opinions but I tend to look at their records. Berto had an unproven record and Guerrero is new to the WW division. Guerrero had a very average first fight and while he looked better against Berto, so did Ortiz!

Guerrero needs to fight some more at WW before we can know for sure that he can hang and be consistent with whatever style is thrown at him. Berto has bad defense and what Guerrero did was capitalize on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
      Berto has explosive speed and power but terrible defense ... but his power is somewhat dampened now that he is off PEDs.
      Guerrero is more well rounded but lacks some natural abilities such as speed.

We all have opinions but I tend to look at their records. Berto had an unproven record and Guerrero is new to the WW division. Guerrero had a very average first fight and while he looked better against Berto, so did Ortiz!

Guerrero needs to fight some more at WW before we can know for sure that he can hang and be consistent with whatever style is thrown at him. Berto has bad defense and what Guerrero did was capitalize on that.
      So do you agree with Pac-boy or not? Simple question.

Comment

• Originally posted by littlemac View Post
        So do you agree with Pac-boy or not? Simple question.
        EDIT: Both are not high risk presently. So I can't see Floyd not fighting them due to "risk".

I even brought this same point up in the other thread about Floyd Sr discussing Guerrero. Floyd Sr is fine and cool about it so I see Floyd being fine and cool about it because they feel that Guerrero can be beat.
        Last edited by ADP02; 01-02-2013, 12:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MVOLT View Post
          **** fight........fucc fraudweather
          [IMG]http://cdn.*****************/instances/400x/25776937.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

• Originally posted by R-NEAL View Post
            Dumbest post ever! Nobody sells a good PPV and has really good numbers without solid dance partners... Even if Canelo did help Floyds PPV numbers, it sounds more like smart business decisions to me. So now we criticize Floyd for having people on his undercard to help line HIS pockets.... While Top Rank undercards are amongst the worst ever...
            Tell that to Floyd, not to me because he seem to take full credit for every blockbuster PPV including that one with Dela Hoya, as if people pay up to see only him.

Comment

• running f.m.j. down is really stupid, does anybody who knows anything about this sport know how many world champions hes beaten?
              im counting atleast a dozen who were champs at the time and more than that if you count former champs.
              hernandez,corrales,castillo,mosley,delahoya,hatton ,gatti,manfredy,ortiz,marquez.. etc etc...the list goes on and on!
              pacman on the other hand..........
              a tough fellah(assuming hes been clean all along) has been viciously kod thrice now and had issues early on with making weight then gets with ole freddie boy who has him fight at weights between genuine title weights to gain advantage and some mickey mouse world title.
              should never have been sanctioned as a genuine boxing match/s.
              floyd on the other hand, will only fight at an equally (correct) weight and use pure skill in the ring to win and not use tactics employed by the likes of ole freddie boy.
              i believe pacmans "eight world titles" are nothing more than four earned the correct way.
              catchweights requested by freddie are nothing more than pure cheating in my view.

Comment

• "Mayweather Sr: Floyd Will Fight Guerrero and Beat Him"

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
                And in other news orange juice comes from oranges!

This fight is garbage!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by puga View Post
                  floyd ended up with a busted nose in that fight and cotto won 4 rounds depending who you ask ...hell , pac won all 12 rounds vs shane clean and people claim he struggled with him ..
                  Styles make fights

Bradley won 4 or 5 rounds against Pac, i wudnt say Pac struggled

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                    See the difference the way they bring up fighters that they believe is not a big risk?

Remember when it was Manny, Floyd Sr and uncle Roger would be calling up Floyd telling him not worth the risk "I don't want my son fighting Manny". Sr doesn't think much of Guerrero, so naturally he states "Floyd will fight Guerrero and beat him"
                    Yep. The superfight would have been much easier to make if they treated Pac the same way they did to the other fighters Floyd fought. "Floyd will fight Pac and beat him."

Comment

• Originally posted by mrpizza-nd_beer View Post
                      Tell that to Floyd, not to me because he seem to take full credit for every blockbuster PPV including that one with Dela Hoya, as if people pay up to see only him.
                      Tell me this......Which of these PPV's would sell more????

HEADLINE MAIN EVENT: Alvarez vs Trout
                      Also featuring: Mayweather vs Guerrero

or

HEADLINE MAIN EVENT: Mayweather vs Guerrero
                      Also featuring: Alvarez vs Trout

More casual sports fans pay to see Mayweather than Alvarez.

Comment

Working...
                      X