Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC up for sale & Showtime about to pull the plug on boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering CBS has not even hired a new CEO yet, I highly doubt they are in the midst of canceling any contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
      Haymon is more like a Charlatan than a Business Man . Good grief PBC is going they prevented the big fights
      Stop it, the charlatans are the ones who are afraid & Al with his PBC fighters aint shook.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
        It said Showtime is 3rd to Dazn lmao!

Eddie Hearns best friend owns this website.

Eddie better watch himself. Slander and defamation are real in business in this country.
        fast eddie huh? LOL....PBC looks like they running shet & everyone seems so jealous.

Comment

Been hearing this since PBC launched

Comment

How people can blatantly publish made up stuff is incredible!

All the lawsuits against Waddle & Reed have been dismissed

CBS does not even have a new CEO yet.

The fund was less than 1% of Waddle and Reeds total holdings.

You can not force a sale on that. It’s not even legal to. Only court can force a business sale in a fraud case.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
              it would cool if espn or dazn just bought "them." I still don't know wtf a pbc is, but it'd be cool if a lot of those fighter's regularly on pbc produced shows on showtime or fox or cbs or spike or BET would just sign on one of the major platforms (specifically espn, who have shown they're not scared of promoting and talking about other network fighters and their upcoming bouts).

This isn't about seeing Haymon fail, bc believe you me, he has succeeded in making himself rich and maybe his plan was always to sell and retire. Not everyone wants to manage forever and deal with those stresses. This is merely for the sake of bridging the divide in boxing that Haymon thus far hasn't helped bridge.
              No it wouldn't be cool if espn or dazn bought "them" cuz espn & dazn don't want to make the real fights. So far the only real fight dazn has made was Nelo/Jacobs. What real fight has espn done since top rank? PBC is Premier Boxing Champions, now you know.

Comment

Hopefully Showtime does leave boxing. Their boxing programming this year has been terrible. Only one good fight this year (Lara vs Castano). The rest have been mismatches or snoozers. Their 2 upcoming fights are Davis vs Nunez and Charlo vs Adams, that says it all really.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
                  Just like HBO it confuses me that anyone would be celebrating this (if any of it is true.) HBO and Showtime felt like events. Nothing else being put on has any kind of production value at all. They'll get there but I fail to see how less boxing on TV is a good thing for anyone.
                  Its easy MOST on here are fanboys of certain fighters and NOT fans of boxing.Thats why I cant stand them because NO FIGHTER comes before the sport to me.To give an example I was a big fan of B-HOP im talking about the 160pd version who scored a lot of KOs(although I also liked the older version also) but when he fought Tayler I rooted for Tayler.The reason was that most of us thought at time B-HOP was getting ready to retire and wanted to see the undisputed title stay intact.Now had B-HOP won and retired it would have split up title and that's not good for boxing.If Tayler won he COULD have become new star and belts would have stayed together.Now we all know B-HOP never retired and Tayler never became that star, but at time it was what was best FOR BOXING.Same with this AJ v Wilder deal ALL these guys rooting for EITHER to lose are idiot fanboys of one or the other(AJ fans MUCH worse).Boxing NEEDS this fight and I for one will be rooting for a trilogy that means I will be rooting for WHO EVER LOSES the 1st one.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    Been hearing this since PBC launched
                    You are right. Many just want to see a successful Black man fail that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
                      How people can blatantly publish made up stuff is incredible!

All the lawsuits against Waddle & Reed have been dismissed

CBS does not even have a new CEO yet.

The fund was less than 1% of Waddle and Reeds total holdings.

You can not force a sale on that. It’s not even legal to. Only court can force a business sale in a fraud case.
                      I know. It's all propaganda bullshit! Al isn't going nowhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X