No announcement yet.

The Dope Busters: Black Men cleaning up their communities

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
    No doubt, bruh. Farrakhan is that dude. He has a lot more power than people think, and he knows how to move in silence. It ain't hard to tell.
    I excel, then prevail / The mic is contacted, I attract clientele

I see what you did there

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post

I see what you did there
      LMAO. That's why you're my brotha from anotha motha!!!

Comment

I see what you did there
        By the way, this is by far my favorite Farrakhan moment, and it shows his mindset about standing up and helping your own, just like what you've pointed out here.

Comment

By the way, this is by far my favorite Farrakhan moment, and it shows his mindset about standing up and helping your own, just like what you've pointed out here.

I've never seen this clip. Damn he laid the Thor hammer.

Very powerful words out of his mouth. Remember when he use to go on Donahue?

Oh man, it was crazy. Most news outlets, t.v. shows criticize him, but won't bring them on his platform to debate anymore for some reason

Comment

I've never seen this clip. Damn he laid the Thor hammer.

Very powerful words out of his mouth. Remember when he use to go on Donahue?

Oh man, it was crazy. Most news outlets, t.v. shows criticize him, but won't bring them on his platform to debate anymore for some reason
            LMAO. Oh they don't want a debate with him. Pure annihilation.

Poor Mike Wallace didn't even know what hit him. He probably went straight to church and confessed to being a devil after Farrakhan got done with him

Comment

Aww man, I had to watch that clip again. Lol the look on his face was priceless hahaha

He looked like Merchant when Floyd told him he wasn't schit

Comment

At this point, it's not about religion, it's about the big picture.

If Buddha, Allah or Ghandi can tell black Americans what they need to hear to become honest tax paying citizens, business owners, decrease recidivism rates, gun violence and become more academically competitive, then so be it.

There are powers behind the scenes that will see to it that that never happens.

You see, I may not agree with everything NOI says, but for the sake of the big picture, I can easily find common ground.

It's almost like the unwritten agreement white European nations have with each other since WWII. Many European nations may not agree with each other on everything, just like Euro-Americans don't agree with each other on everything. But for the sake of peace, the big picture and common civilization, they can find common ground with each other and not kill each other daily.

I feel we in the black community can have similar success if there weren't so many outside influences with their hands in the cookie jar controlling things covertly.
                What do you mean specifically by outside influences controlling things covertly? Jews (since thread is about Farrakhan and that's his position, but I'm not sure if you hold the same position).

Offshoot Islam just doesn't seem like a long-term ideological solution. It's not always about something working. Often it's about a community's willingness to emotionally accept that something works.

If you look at 1950s fatherless household rates in these same neighborhoods, exiting under the umbrella of traditional white/European culture seemed to work very well. However nobody wanted to play second-fiddle and adhere to the cultural norms of a distinctly different ethnic group, so those traditions were mostly bucked during the "civil rights" movement, viewed as components of systematic oppression and those communities started from scratch with poor results.

Would you argue that the same not inevitable to an even more extreme degree when it comes to adopting Islamic/Arabic culture? Even if it works, it won't be long before playing second-fiddle to a distinct ethnic group & a religion so synonymous with the slave trade loses its novelty & is viewed as a component of oppression.
                Last edited by ////; 05-22-2019, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Aww man, I had to watch that clip again. Lol the look on his face was priceless hahaha

He looked like Merchant when Floyd told him he wasn't schit

Yooooo. LMAO. This shlt had me dying

Farrakhan went straight savage on him.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                    What do you mean specifically by outside influences controlling things covertly?
                    Let's start with programs like COINTELPRO.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/0...lack-community

Government surveillance programs, most infamously the FBI’s “COINTELPRO”, targeted Black Americans fighting against segregation and structural racism in the 1950s and 60s. COINTELPRO, short for Counter Intelligence Program, was started in 1956 by the FBI and continued until 1971. The program was a systemic attempt to infiltrate, spy on, and disrupt activists in the name of “national security.” While it initially focused on the Communist Party, in the 1960s its focus expanded to include a wide swathe of activists, with a strong focus on the Black Panther Party and civil rights leaders such as Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

FBI papers show that in 1962 “the FBI started and rapidly continued to gravitate toward Dr. King.” This was ostensibly because the FBI believed black organizing was being influenced by communism. In 1963 FBI Assistant Director William Sullivan recommended “increased coverage of communist influence on the Negro.” However, the FBI’s goal in targeting Dr. King was clear: to find “avenues of approach aimed at neutralizing King as an effective Negro leader,” because the FBI was concerned that he might become a “messiah.”

The FBI subjected Dr. King to a variety of tactics, including bugging his hotel rooms, photographic surveillance, and physical observation of King’s movements by FBI agents. The FBI's actions went beyond spying on Dr. King, however. Using information gained from that surveillance, the FBI sent him anonymous letters attempting to “blackmail him into suicide.” The agency also attempted to break up his marriage by sending selectively edited “personal moments he shared with friends and women” to his wife.

The FBI also specifically targeted the Black Panther Party with the intention of destroying it. They infiltrated the Party with informants and subjected members to repeated interviews. Agents sent anonymous letters encouraging violence between street gangs and the Panthers in various cities, which resulted in “the killings of four BPP members and numerous beatings and shootings,” as well as letters sowing internal dissension in the Panther Party. The agency also worked with police departments to harass local branches of the Party through raids and vehicle stops. In one of the most disturbing examples of this, the FBI provided information to the Chicago Police Department that aided in a raid on BPP leader Fred Hampton’s apartment. The raid ended with the Chicago Police shooting Hampton dead.

The FBI was not alone in targeting civil rights leaders. The NSA also engaged in domestic spying that included Dr. King. In an eerily prescient statement, Senator Walter Mondale said he was concerned that the NSA “could be used by President 'A' in the future to spy upon the American people, to chill and interrupt political dissent.”

The Church Committee was created in response to these and other public scandals, and was charged with getting to the bottom of the government's surveillance overreach. In response to its findings, Congress passed new laws to provide privacy safeguards, including the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. But ever since these safeguards were put in place, the intelligence community has tried to weaken or operate around them. The NSA revelations show the urgent need to reform the laws governing surveillance and to rein in the intelligence community.

Would you like to talk about additional covert programs that targeted black communities for the sole purpose of creating chaos and causing poverty?

How about Redlining or the CIA selling drugs in the black community and creating chaos to fund the fight against the Contra's

Offshoot Islam just doesn't seem like a long-term ideological solution
                    Whether it's Islam or Buddhism, who cares as long as it helps the community?

We're not even going to talk about the slave bibles and how they were soley modified to keep blacks mentally enslaved because Jesus said it's ok. Christianity was used malevolently/maliciously to keep blacks enslaved for hundreds of years.

It's not always about something working. Often it's about a community's willingness to emotionally accept that something works.
                    I clearly showed you in the OP on how the community was receptive to the workings of NOI.

If you look at 1950s fatherless household rates in these same neighborhoods, exiting under the umbrella of traditional white/European culture seemed to work very well. However nobody wanted to play second-fiddle and adhere to the cultural norms of a distinctly different ethnic group, so those traditions were mostly bucked during the "civil rights" movement, viewed as components of systematic oppression and those communities started from scratch with poor results.
                    I don't understand what you're saying here. Are you saying that the black family started to fall a part in the 60's because they stopped believing in white culture?

Are you absolutely sure there weren't other factors at play?

Would you argue that the same not inevitable to an even more extreme degree when it comes to adopting Islamic/Arabic culture?
                    I think you are basing your assessment too much on religion. The NOI are Muslim yes, but their practices in NOI are a little different than that of traditional Muslims that practice Islam. Muslims in other parts of the world don't necessarily agree with NOI from a religious standpoint.

You're straying off topic. The big picture is not religion. That's a very rudimentary detail you're choosing to focus on.

E
                    ven if it works, it won't be long before playing second-fiddle to a distinct ethnic group & a religion so synonymous with the slave trade loses its novelty & is viewed as a component of oppression
                    The Nation of Islam has had nothing to do with slavery in America. Christianity has had more of a connection in the US when it comes to slavery.

Again, you're choosing to focus on a concern that has nothing to do with the topic of this thread which was the NOI was making a difference in their own community and for some odd reason, people went all the way up to Congress to stop them from making changes in the community. I can't say I haven't see these covert tactics before.
                    Last edited by Chollo Vista; 05-22-2019, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                      Im not from dc or know anything about it so............ Ill just be guessing.

That murder rate is nearly 5 times the national average and nearly 2.5 times more than the 2nd place state.

What separates DC from the rest of the country?

The support for the democrats is also exceptional high they 90% way above anyone where else.

Comment

Working...
                      X