Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upcoming PBC Welterweight Fights in the Fall?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming PBC Welterweight Fights in the Fall?

Amir Khan is back in late November/Early December.
    Keith Thurman has a fall date ...
    ... As does Shawn Porter, (but the Porter's said they haven't heard from Thurman.)
    Lamont Peterson is back in October (at 140 or 147.)

How I see it playing out.

-Keith Thurman vs. Amir Khan (probably same date as Cotto-Canelo on NBC Primetime.)
    -Shawn Porter vs. Chris Algieri
    -Danny Garcia vs. Robert Guerrero
    -Lamont Peterson vs. Josesito Lopez (if he has healed by then)
    -Devon Alexander vs. Aaron Martinez (seems official already)
    -Kevin Bizier vs. Fredrick Lawson (official for IBF Eliminator)

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
    Amir Khan is back in late November/Early December.
    Keith Thurman has a fall date ...
    ... As does Shawn Porter, (but the Porter's said they haven't heard from Thurman.)
    Lamont Peterson is back in October (at 140 or 147.)

How I see it playing out.

-Keith Thurman vs. Amir Khan (probably same date as Cotto-Canelo on NBC Primetime.)
    -Shawn Porter vs. Chris Algieri
    -Danny Garcia vs. Robert Guerrero
    -Lamont Peterson vs. Josesito Lopez (if he has healed by then)
    -Devon Alexander vs. Aaron Martinez (seems official already)
    -Kevin Bizier vs. Fredrick Lawson (official for IBF Eliminator)
    I will be pissed if it's Garcia-Guerrero and Porter-Algeri.. Stop making the winners fight the losers!! Garcia and Porter should fight and if the other two need an opponent, make them fight each other

Comment

Thurman, Porter, Khan, Danny and Guerrero will all be matched up, 4 of those 5 will fight eachother I think. The odd one out should be Guerrero, but I don't he will be.

My preference would be Thurman vs Danny, Porter vs Khan and the winners fight eachother.

Guerrero can take another tune up fight or Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by vman075 View Post
        I will be pissed if it's Garcia-Guerrero and Porter-Algeri.. Stop making the winners fight the losers!! Garcia and Porter should fight and if the other two need an opponent, make them fight each other
        How about Garcia-Porter and Guerrero-Algieri?

Comment

Garcia VS shot to crap Guerrero
          Spence VS Wal Mart greeter with 3 days notice
          Thurman VS unknown French bartender with 17-4 record
          Khan VS soft hitting journeyman from 135 coming off a 2 year layoff
          Maidana VS easy touch at 165 pounds in a pie eating contest

Porter might actually fight somebody decent, like Algieri or Peterson.

Comment

Floyd fighting Berto, Porter and Thurman suppposedly fighting eachother, Danny is fighting Guerrero

That leaves the British Bombshell known as Amir Khan as the odd man out of the elite 147 matchups, unless somehow someway he fights Kelly for the IBF strap wich i dont see happening...maybe they could be working on a rematch with Peterson?

One thing is for sure tho, we eating really good this fall

Comment

I don't think Khan will fight on PBC next time. Sounds like he's unhappy over getting left out of the Floyd sweepstakes yet again. Wouldn't surprise me to see him fight on HBO late this year or else hold out until January/February and fight Pacquiao.

Al will put Danny in with Guerrero and then make a bunch more matchups that don't make sense. Maybe like Thurman-Algieri and Porter-Lo Greco lol. Poor Porter; I think he really does want to fight the best he can. But Haymon is garbage.

Comment

I don't think Khan will fight on PBC next time. Sounds like he's unhappy over getting left out of the Floyd sweepstakes yet again. Wouldn't surprise me to see him fight on HBO late this year or else hold out until January/February and fight Pacquiao.

Al will put Danny in with Guerrero and then make a bunch more matchups that don't make sense. Maybe like Thurman-Algieri and Porter-Lo Greco lol. Poor Porter; I think he really does want to fight the best he can. But Haymon is garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by ramplamp View Post

The same Al Haymon that you are calling garbage has gotten Shawn Porter fights with Devon Alexander, Paulie Malignaggi, Kell Brook & Adrien Broner...i am sure Team Porter appreciates the great opportunities that Al has given them.

You guys need to stop acting as if Al Haymon only puts mismatches together because that is totally not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by ramplamp View Post

I agree khan is getting played.he needs to leave he's not getting the big fight that he wants.

Comment

Working...
                    X