Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New interview with Mayweather Sr on numerous topics including potential last 2 fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New interview with Mayweather Sr on numerous topics including potential last 2 fights

Going to bold the interesting/funny stuff.

BT: Big Floyd, looking back at the two fights with Maidana, was there anything different about the rematch, whether it be with Floyd or Maidana, compared to the first fight?

FMS: First of all, the first fight, I think it was more like MMA. That's what it was like. I mean, all the headbutting, the hitting in the cup, the hitting behind the head, the rasslin', throwing out the ring and pushing off, you know, he did everything that had nothing to do with boxing. The man should've been cashed out because the one guy, I think his name was [Tony] Weeks, he didn't take a point and didn't take nothing; all he did, man, was let the man do what he wanted to do. So that was one part of the thing right there; the way the guy fought, he just didn't fight fair, he didn't fight right, and he didn't do the right thing.

BT: It seemed like there was still some dirty tactics going on in the rematch, especially when it appeared as though Maidana tried to bite Floyd. Do you think the refereeing of Kenny Bayless made the difference in how the second fight played out?

FMS: I'ma tell you this right here man, first of all, I was going to go over there and kick his ass my damn self. That's when you see me in the ring. When my son showed me that he hit bit me, that's when I was pointing over there and talking to him. I was just warning him. I wanted him or his ****ing trainer to come out there, either one of them, and I was going to throw some dynamite at they ass. It so happened it didn't go that way and didn't go that far, so there wasn't no problems, but the whole thing is, man, like I said, I think that Kenny Bayless, you know, any time a man bites somebody, man, what did he do? He didn't do a damn thing. He didn't do ****. Floyd got bit and any time somebody bites somebody in boxing, you supposed to get disqualified. But as you see, the fight went on. To me, there was no direction in there because Floyd got bit. We don't know what the **** that guy got or anything and somebody biting you, that's not good. That's all I could tell you.

BT: Floyd's game plan in the rematch, to stick and move and out-box Maidana, is that what you were wanting him to do in the first fight?

FMS: That was the move for that guy because, you know, that guy, he's a good puncher, but he didn't hit Floyd that many times, not with no good shots. I think there was one in the third round, that one shot I think he hit Floyd with that one good shot that he might have hurt Floyd or something, but other than that, he didn't do nothing. I'm just saying this was a one-sided fight right here. At the most, you probably could give him one round. The other fight, he might have won about four rounds or something like that, but this fight right here, this was a totally different fight that Floyd fought. He fought a more crafty fight. He did a lot of the things that I wanted him to do. He countered the guy. Every time the guy threw a jab, Floyd went over the top and BANG, cracked him every time. I think that might have happened about three or four times in a row.

BT: You mentioned that Maidana landed a good right hand at the end of the third round. That punch looked like it may have hurt Floyd a little. Did you get a good look at that punch, and if so, do you think Floyd was hurt at all when it happened?

FMS: I didn't get a chance to see it completely. I seen him hit Floyd then, but, you know, getting up to the ring, I'm always getting up there as fast as I can, so I might have been slow on that one. But hey, I didn't see what happened, but I did ask him was he alright. He said he was okay. He was calm, cool, and relaxed, and the way that he was, I know he was still focused and I know he still had everything in his head that was right, so I thought everything was okay.

BT: Have you had a chance to see the fight on TV?

FMS: Ummmm...I watched it somewhere. I watched it again. The only thing that you can say about the fight, man, is hey, this time, he got his ass whooped.

BT: I know Floyd still has two more fights with that Showtime contracts. Obviously he's going to do whatever he wants to do, but as a trainer, what would you like to see him do next?

FMS: Well, we don't know yet. He might fight Amir Khan. Honestly, myself, I would like to see Floyd have a couple fights where he ain't fighting all these big, tough fighters. I'm not saying that Floyd's not going to fight the best, because that's all Floyd has fought is the best, but I'm saying right now, since he ain't but a couple fights before he ends his career, I'm just saying that maybe those couple of fights could be easy. Matter of fact, whether he knows it or not, if he takes Pacquiao, that'll be an easy fight for him. Pacquiao can't whoop no damn Alvarez. Pacquiao can't whoop them big fighters Floyd's fighting; he can't whoop them guys, man. Them guys would beat the **** out of Pacquiao.

The mother of all paid Floyd Mayweather interviews.I gave up reading it,it was so ass kissing.

Comment

Hopefully the fight with Pac has legs as his pops is confident Jr. Can beat Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by HeGotPacProblem View Post
        Hopefully the fight with Pac has legs as his pops is confident Jr. Can beat Pac.
        He is not the only one that thinks it , Manny is one of the easiest big fights Floyd can take , you will all see why when they fight , without going on about all the reasons , one big reason puts the win in the bank ,, nobody smaller than Floyd can beat him !

Comment

"Whether he knows it or not"

Kinda suggests Floyd isn't 100% sure himself yet as those who keep close company would likely know what he feels, when he isn't projecting to the media & fans

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            He is not the only one that thinks it , Manny is one of the easiest big fights Floyd can take , you will all see why when they fight , without going on about all the reasons , one big reason puts the win in the bank ,, nobody smaller than Floyd can beat him !
            I've been saying it for years, even at pacmans height of demolition, but Floyd never quite felt it and I've always maintained that too.

"Yes Manny Pacquiao, you are next"....looking all shook up like he can't quite believe he said it himself.

Almost as comical as the time whe he was asked about Testosternone and he fumbled all over the place. Not related, but equally as fake & funny sounding

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
              I've been saying it for years, even at pacmans height of demolition, but Floyd never quite felt it and I've always maintained that too.

"Yes Manny Pacquiao, you are next"....looking all shook up like he can't quite believe he said it himself.

Almost as comical as the time whe he was asked about Testosternone and he fumbled all over the place. Not related, but equally as fake & funny sounding
              If that were the case, the first round of negotiations for that fight never would have happened. If you are 'shook', your won't even come to the table in the first place.

The expression with testosterone footage was the same expression he had when a reporter informed him that all 4 of his belts @ 147 and 154 lbs would be on the line for the rematch with Maidana. Floyd was very surprised, didn't know what the reporter was talking about. But I suppose Floyd was faking that too right?
              Last edited by radioraheem; 10-06-2014, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Floyd doesnt want to risk losing a decision to these two. Its the same old story. It's clear at this point, the only style he's comfortable with is a slow moving plodder. He's probably willing to face someone with power like Maidana or Danny Garcia or rematch Cotto, as long as he feels he's still quick enough. With Manny, its just way too much of a risk. With Manny, he moves in and out, actually punches in combinations and has power. His shots arent telegraphed.

I dont doubt he could outbox either guy, but the judges might see differently and an official zero....is still a zero.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                  Nobody bigger and slower.

Comment

lmao if khan gets the may fight tons of people are gonna be pissed

Comment

Working...
                    X