Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cotto fought Tony the 1st time like he did the 2nd time, he would have won..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

both fights are very similer even if you look at the punch stats for both fights cotto lands at a very high percentage in both.in the 1st fight margo lands an uppercut in the 2nd round that seems to do alot of damage yet looks like it barely lands any way cotto starts bleeding as the fight goes on cotto is still landing the clerer harder shots but the blood seem to tire cotto out faster and cotto seemed to lay on the ropes alot

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
      We dont know if Tony had loaded gloves or not..
      But if Cotto turned, stayed off the ropes and clinched like he did in the rematch he would have hung on for a decision imo..

So stop using loaded gloves as an excuse..

They are tied 1-1 as far as Im concerned..
      And if Margarito would have fought Pacquiao a year earlier then most definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        I dunno, Cotto's swelling subsided but Margarito is going to have trouble with that weak orbital bone for life, Cotto was beating on it for 9 rounds.
        Pacquiao done that damage not Cotto.

Comment

I agree, in the second fight it was smart movement, good footwork and a decent job of using his leverage. All things he failed to do in the first fight

If he had used the same tactics in this fight that he did in the first fight, it probably would have been a close UD.

Either way, I think I'd like to see a trilogy and settle it once and for all. If Margs goes on a two or three win streak that is.

Comment

Cotto still would've lost because he couldn't hurt Marg.

Cotto needs to thank Pac for breaking Marg's face in half to the point where malinaggi could beat him by TKO just by focusing on that eye.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
              people act as if pacquiao was the only person to break someones orbital bone,cotto did it to pauli, vitaly did to briggs yet you don't hear people say oh paulie face is swelling up but thats only because cotto broke his orbital bone.

Comment

I'm aware, but Cotto throwing right hands into it for half an hour is likely to have done some lasting damage. Imo Margarito is crazy if he gets in the ring again but he probably will.

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
                people act as if pacquiao was the only person to break someones orbital bone,cotto did it to pauli, vitaly did to briggs yet you don't hear people say oh paulie face is swelling up but thats only because cotto broke his orbital bone.
                Wasn't it Paulie's jaw?

Comment

I'm aware, but Cotto throwing right hands into it for half an hour is likely to have done some lasting damage. Imo Margarito is crazy if he gets in the ring again but he probably will.

Wasn't it Paulie's jaw?
                  it was his orbital bone which is the same thing pacquiao broke on margarito i can see why you thought it was paulies jaw by the way his face looked but it was his orbital bone

Comment

Wasn't it Paulie's jaw?

The docs weren't even going to let Marg fight because of his eye. He has had numerous ops on it.

Cotto targeted that eye, how much more permanent damage he done is debatable, but without the Pacquiao fight, Cotto doesn't win by a 9th round TKO and Marg's eye is ok.

Comment

The docs weren't even going to let Marg fight because of his eye. He has had numerous ops on it.

Cotto targeted that eye, how much more permanent damage he done is debatable, but without the Pacquiao fight, Cotto doesn't win by a 9th round TKO and Marg's eye is ok.
                      no instead cotto would of won a 12 round unanimous decision. how do you know margs eye would of been o k?margarito is a straight line fighter what difference did they eye closing up make?what would have been different?did his messed up eye make his punches less effective? did his eye make him slower?margarito is not the hardest fighter to hit.if we are going to give pacquiao credit for cotto's win over margarito we might aswell give shane credit for pacquiao beating margarito

Comment

Working...
                      X