Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL POLL: Did Darren Baker come to fight? Or to survive?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFFICIAL POLL: Did Darren Baker come to fight? Or to survive?

lets see what the general opinion is
    HE CAME TO FIGHT
    72.60%
    HE CAME TO SURVIVE
    27.40%

I think he did come to fight, but whenever Sergio really turned on, he went back to hiding in his shell and just wanted to survive. Little of both.

Comment

He wasn't going to win by KO or Decision the way he was fighting.

Comment

He did his best by trying to hit Martinez during the first rounds, but at the end he just wanted to end the fight on his feet (obviously he couldn't do it)

Comment

survive.........

Comment

Just saw the KO. Didn't anyone else thought the KO was a bit fishy? He hit his gloves first then sorta grazed the side of his head w/ his palm.

Haven't watch all of Sergio's fights but the way how he fights like a f'n monkey is so annoying. If and when he steps in the ring w/ a elite fighter he's gonna get ktfo.

Comment

I thought Barker did the best he could given his style.He made Martinez earn his win....He used range and defense,but needed to use more offense.I thought Barker at his best gave Martinez problems and looked better than what some people expected of him...saying this,I still believe Sergio beats Manny.Manny doesn't have the reach,nor does he use a jab.Manny is hittable as well,and we have seen that with Martinez,one punch can end the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by mikelovesfood View Post
                Just saw the KO. Didn't anyone else thought the KO was a bit fishy? He hit his gloves first then sorta grazed the side of his head w/ his palm.

Haven't watch all of Sergio's fights but the way how he fights like a f'n monkey is so annoying. If and when he steps in the ring w/ a elite fighter he's gonna get ktfo.
                he got hurt badly in the 10th and just before the KO punch he got hit flush with a right hook I believe watch the whole round it looked to me Barker was out on his feet

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
                  I thought Barker did the best he could given his style.He made Martinez earn his win....He used range and defense,but needed to use more offense.I thought Barker at his best gave Martinez problems and looked better than what some people expected of him...saying this,I still believe Sergio beats Manny.Manny doesn't have the reach,nor does he use a jab.Manny is hittable as well,and we have seen that with Martinez,one punch can end the fight.
                  Nah, he was already hurt and he actually received hard punishment (he partially blocked Martinez's punches with his gloves all night long, but people tend to forget that those punches also hurt) ... in the end Barker was too tired and the accumulation of punches took him out.

Comment

Barker did pretty well under the circumstances. I had the fight pretty even through the first eight rounds. That's about the best he could have hoped for.

Comment

Working...
                    X