Did JMM duck Hammed??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
    Once again, Nacho's fault.

BUT there was a time where it could have happened, and according to Hamed's own TRAINER, he ducked JMM.

When will people learn that promoters and managers make fights and not trainers. It kills me that people think Stewart or any other trainer are the ones selecting opponents and putting fights together.

With that said, I broke this topic down to a science and basically, in a nutshell JMM was doing to Hamed what he was doing to Pacquiao...claiming Naz was scared of him and was ducking him.

It was a fight that was on short notice, but Warren and Naz offered JMM the biggest purse of his career and a shot at all of Naz belts.

Marquez and Beristein came out and said they weren't ready for the fight and Naz is like Norwood in a sense they are very awkward and hard to prepare for.

What is funny is that this was after all of JMM **** talk about Naz ducking him and that crazy thing about it was after JMM turned the offer down, he took a fight on even shorter notice which took place several weeks before the proposed date offered by Warren.

This is one of the many reasons I can't stand Marquez because not onl is he a crybaby and a liar, he has often talked a bunch of **** and when it was time to put up or shut he....he has backtrack and ducked these guys so hard.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
      Given him another KO victory?

Back then JMM wasnt quite the fighter he is now. And Hamed was so unconventional and had single punch KO power in both hands. Would of been interesting.

You're wrong JMM in his early career was a lot more technical

he was defensive and had faster hands than both Barrera and Morales.

He would of beat Hamed ....

nowadays JMM's slower and has lost his reflexes

he gets hit A LOT more than when he was younger .... this would be the Marquez, Hamed would have a shot at beating..

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
        When will people learn that promoters and managers make fights and not trainers. It kills me that people think Stewart or any other trainer are the ones selecting opponents and putting fights together.

With that said, I broke this topic down to a science and basically, in a nutshell JMM was doing to Hamed what he was doing to Pacquiao...claiming Naz was scared of him and was ducking him.

It was a fight that was on short notice, but Warren and Naz offered JMM the biggest purse of his career and a shot at all of Naz belts.

Marquez and Beristein came out and said they weren't ready for the fight and Naz is like Norwood in a sense they are very awkward and hard to prepare for.

What is funny is that this was after all of JMM **** talk about Naz ducking him and that crazy thing about it was after JMM turned the offer down, he took a fight on even shorter notice which took place several weeks before the proposed date offered by Warren.

This is one of the many reasons I can't stand Marquez because not onl is he a crybaby and a liar, he has often talked a bunch of **** and when it was time to put up or shut he....he has backtrack and ducked these guys so hard.

...............................LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          He turned down an offer to fight Naz because of the purse apparently. He has made some poor career decisions in the past.
          Yeah like not taking a rematch with Pacquiao to go and fight Chris John in Indonesia for next to nothing.

Naz was gunning for the likes of MAB and Morales.

Be careful what you wish for.

Comment

Marquez also stayed away from Morales and Barrera.

Another smart move by Marquez

Comment

Originally posted by Team Vitaminas View Post
              It don't even matter , we all know what Marquez would have done to Hamed.
              Marquez of then or now though? I'm not too sure....

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                ...............................LOL
                Do you really want me to bust out the articles of Marquez saying this?

It's not my fault that Marquez was a coward and turned the fight down.

Now that Morales guy in your sig......that's a true warrior and a mexican badass............Marquez ehhhh not so much.

Comment

Marquez was offered a fight with hamed on short notice so they turned it down.

Marquez was hamed mandatory for 2 years

in that span of time lesser opponents than Marquez fought hamed

Comment

Originally posted by 2120 View Post
                    Marquez was offered a fight with hamed on short notice so they turned it down.

Marquez was hamed mandatory for 2 years

in that span of time lesser opponents than Marquez fought hamed
                    Not entirely true. Many of them were ranked above Marquez

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                      1. hamed offered him a fight , he turned it down

2. barrera and jmm did fight

3. morales offered him a fight , he turned that down too

4. jmm is not a bigger star than any of the 3 was. maybe currently he is because the others are all retired and past it but jmm will never have as many fans as those other 3.
                      Maybe not, but he's the best of the bunch.

And its not like Morales offered him that match in the 90's, he offered him that in 2011 for his own interests. Going for the Pac trilogy was one of the better business decisions Juan has made.

Comment

Working...
                      X