Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Unpopular Opinion thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This will be unpopular but I always thought the Klitschkos have picked opponents by what style suits them best. It is a big advantage to have a brother as champion in the same weight class. Vitali fights the punchers.

Comment

• ^Brewster, Sanders, Peter and Rahman punched about as hard as it got

Comment

• Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
        ^Brewster, Sanders, Peter and Rahman punched about as hard as it got
        Brewster and Rahman were completely shot and Peter was not very good. The last live puncher Wlad fought was the first fight with Brewster and they learned their lesson.
        Briggs signed to fight Wlad but the next day Emanuel Steward went public saying it was a bad fight for Wlad and the fight was canceled right after. Briggs fought Vitali instead. hmmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by miamike View Post
          Brewster and Rahman were completely shot and Peter was not very good. The last live puncher Wlad fought was the first fight with Brewster and they learned their lesson.
          Briggs signed to fight Wlad but the next day Emanuel Steward went public saying it was a bad fight for Wlad and the fight was canceled right after. Briggs fought Vitali instead. hmmmm

When Wladimir fought Sam Peter, he was an undefeated and feared heavyweight. Sure, history proved him to be overrated, but he was a very hard puncher at that time. Brewster's power didn't beat WK. He just gassed out and fell apart.

Comment

• I wouldn't even say Peter was that overrated. He just fell off pretty quickly. It was dumb that he got was favored over Vitali, but I could see that beforehand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
              Cotto beat Floyd Mayweather at least by 2 points.
              Mayweather fans won't agree but I know what I saw that night.
              Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
              they are all americans. What a surprise.
              Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
              I had an unpopular take on that fight too tbh. I had it a draw.
              Wow is all I can say. Maybe the 'Mayweather actually got hit twice in that round therfore he lost it' factor got to people thinking that it was a close fight, a draw...

Everyone is so used to him hardly getting hit at all that what would be a dominant, easy fight for someone else (ie Trout) becomes a life and death fight for Mayweather because Cotto landed some jabs that bloodied his nose. It's incredible.

But a Cotto win by two points......That's not unpopular. That's just plain absurd. There isn't any way possible that he got remotely close to winning 7 rounds.

Which 7 rounds did you give Cotto?

You have to put that one up.
              Last edited by BennyST; 02-02-2013, 09:00 AM.

Comment

• Thinking Miguel Cotto beat Floyd Mayweather is not an "unpopular opinion".....it's factually wrong and an issue of poor vision combined with poor math.

Comment

• "george foreman was not a power puncher."

- spartacus sully.

i can't remember his reasoning, but it was quite funny to watch him try and make his case.

it ended with him leaving the website. honest to god. the guy has not posted since.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                    "george foreman was not a power puncher."

- spartacus sully.

i can't remember his reasoning, but it was quite funny to watch him try and make his case.

it ended with him leaving the website. honest to god. the guy has not posted since.
                    I always watched guys like Spadafora and Malignaggi and thought "mini Foremans".

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                      Wow is all I can say. Maybe the 'Mayweather actually got hit twice in that round therfore he lost it' factor got to people thinking that it was a close fight, a draw...

Everyone is so used to him hardly getting hit at all that what would be a dominant, easy fight for someone else (ie Trout) becomes a life and death fight for Mayweather because Cotto landed some jabs that bloodied his nose. It's incredible.

But a Cotto win by two points......That's not unpopular. That's just plain absurd. There isn't any way possible that he got remotely close to winning 7 rounds.

Which 7 rounds did you give Cotto?

You have to put that one up.
                      If u want my take on it its my first ever video on YT.
                      Trout was a far clearer winner in my eyes over Cotto

Comment

Working...
                      X