No announcement yet.

leonard-hagler controversy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leonard-hagler controversy

it was a close fight...but the fact leonard came back after 5 years after retina surgery moved up in weight and it was a close fight is kinda bad for hagler...i think thats why he got the knod.....people lets debate

I scored it a draw...I actually just scored it like a week ago.

However, I can see a case made for Leonard before I can see one made for Hagler...

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhfalvor View Post
      I scored it a draw...I actually just scored it like a week ago.

However, I can see a case made for Leonard before I can see one made for Hagler...
      but doesnt that make hagler kinda look bad..no tune-ups,jump in weight eye problems

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
        it was a close fight...but the fact leonard came back after 5 years after retina surgery moved up in weight and it was a close fight is kinda bad for hagler...i think thats why he got the knod.....people lets debate
        Marvin Hagler was just as much past his best he had alot of wars, especially with Thomas Hearns, Bennie Briscoe, John Mugabi, ETC. And they caught up with him Sugar Ray Leonard see this in the John Mugabi fight, he see that Marvin Hagler had lost a step.

Thats why Sugar Ray Leonard took the fight. It was a great performance from Sugar Ray Leonard and he deserves alot of credit, but i think he would of been stopped had it been 15 rounds. And remember he demanded the gloves, the ring size, the rounds, ETC.

I personally thought it was a draw Marvin Hagler despised Sugar Ray Leonard so much, that he wanted to show the world he could beat Sugar Ray Leonard. At his own game by boxing and thats why he lost to first couple of rounds or so because he tried to box.

Marvin Hagler comeback strong in the middle rounds but they shared the last 4 rounds or so. I thought Sugar Ray Leonard overall had better ring general-ship. But i thought Marvin Hagler clearly landed the harder punches, hence why i had it a draw.
        Last edited by Burning Desire; 02-05-2009, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burning Desire View Post
          Marvin Hagler was just as much past his best he had alot of wars, especially with Thomas Hearns, Bennie Briscoe, John Mugabi, ETC. And they caught up with him Sugar Ray Leonard see this in the John Mugabi fight, he see that Marvin Hagler had lost a step.

Thats why Sugar Ray Leonard took the fight. It was a great performance from Sugar Ray Leonard and he deserves alot of credit, but i think he would of been stopped had it been 15 rounds. And remember he demanded the gloves, the ring size, the rounds, ETC.

I personally thought it was a draw Marvin Hagler despised Sugar Ray Leonard so much, that he wanted to show the world he could beat Sugar Ray Leonard. At his own game by boxing and thats why he lost to first couple of rounds or so because he tried to box.

Marvin Hagler comeback strong in the middle rounds but they shared the last 4 rounds or so. I thought Sugar Ray Leonard overall had better ring general-ship. But i thought Marvin Hagler clearly landed the harder punches, hence why i had it a draw.

I believe Hagler peaked around about the Hamsho fight and the 2nd Obell fight, but i dont buy into all the he was shot etc. Leonard had been inactive for 2 years and he was a natural WW so he had just as much excuse as Hagler to not being in the best condition.

I think Hagler was just slightly overrated. Who did Mugabi ever beat ? he got whooped by Norris and McClellan. Roldan was giving Hagler hell, before his eye closed and Duran nearly beat Hagler a blown up lightweight.

Comment

Working...
          X