No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua: Mayweather-McGregor is Bigger With Me on Undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigonefromcuba View Post
    joshua is already more popular worldwide than floyd, and more respected by the fans. Hws automatically are dominant
    mayweather is known by way more people world wide than joshua.... In 10 years maybe joshua will surpass mayweather but not yet...

Comment

Both guys had instant chemistry!

Joshua on a Floyd undercard would be great in the long run for !

Obviously he was joking because I doubt Floyd would want to cut his share with AJ, that fight with McGregor would have to do 300 million or more and get to 6 million PPV buys to happily compensate all parties involved!

UFC, McGregor, Sponsors, Mayweather, Showtime Sports, Tank Davis, Badou Jack....then you got AJ and Hearn..

That card does 6.1 million PPV buys and does very well in the UK PPV buys of course!

I also wonder if Floyd is trying to make a sly run at snatching AJ!?

Comment

Originally posted by BigOneFromCuba View Post
        Joshua is already more popular worldwide than Floyd, and more respected by the fans. HWs automatically are dominant
        Joshua? Worldwide?? More respected??? Off 1 fight???? Let's see who they remember in the next ten yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
          It was a joke.

Joshua just made about 15 million from the Klitschko fight and is one of the biggest names in Boxing now.

He will not be fighting on anyone's undercard.
          This right here ....joshua will not put his name to a joke of a fight where a boxer is facing off with a non boxer and in the process break one of boxings longest reigning records. Joshua was just playing

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
            Both guys had instant chemistry!

Joshua on a Floyd undercard would be great in the long run for !

Obviously he was joking because I doubt Floyd would want to cut his share with AJ, that fight with McGregor would have to do 300 million or more and get to 6 million PPV buys to happily compensate all parties involved!

UFC, McGregor, Sponsors, Mayweather, Showtime Sports, Tank Davis, Badou Jack....then you got AJ and Hearn..

That card does 6.1 million PPV buys and does very well in the UK PPV buys of course!

I also wonder if Floyd is trying to make a sly run at snatching AJ!?
            Shut up silly man ffs.....floyd has zero chance of getting anywhere near joshuas pen

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
              Canelo was a nobody back then.. AJ's rematch with Vlad is expected to net him 30million plus. There is no way Maywether can pay AJ 30 mill.. thats more than McGregor is probably going to make and he’s on the main event
              How is he going to make 30 mil? The fight won't do any better than the first. If Wlad doesn't take the rematch i'm sure Joshua would jump at the chance to be on the Mayweather-McGregor card. It builds his profile.

Comment

that's a true statement...but they need to pay joshua meaning less money for floyd and that big named mmaer, novice boxer

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  How is he going to make 30 mil? The fight won't do any better than the first. If Wlad doesn't take the rematch i'm sure Joshua would jump at the chance to be on the Mayweather-McGregor card. It builds his profile.
                  Every big rematch always does better than the first one.. And AJ vs Vlad was one of the best heavyweights fights in a long time, the rematch will naturally be much bigger coming of the way the fist fight was.

Froch v Groves 1 has 16k fans and both fighters got between 1 and 3 million.

Froch v Groves 2 had 80k fans and both fighters for around 10 million each.

AJ vs Vlad both fighters got 20million each.

I expect them to make at least 30mill each in the rematch.. That's the minimum. But if the rematch doesn't happen he can take a paycut and fight someone like Ortiz or Pulev on Mayweather undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
                    Every big rematch always does better than the first one.. And AJ vs Vlad was one of the best heavyweights fights in a long time, the rematch will naturally be much bigger coming of the way the fist fight was.

Froch v Groves 1 has 16k fans and both fighters got between 1 and 3 million.

Froch v Groves 2 had 80k fans and both fighters for around 10 million each.

AJ vs Vlad both fighters got 20million each.

I expect them to make at least 30mill each in the rematch.. That's the minimum. But if the rematch doesn't happen he can take a paycut and fight someone like Ortiz or Pulev on Mayweather undercard.
                    They aren't making 30 mil each. It's only on PPV in the UK and at £20. Half of that goes to the providers.

They made £28 mil from PPV the last fight, halve that and they got £14 mil, then Hearn/expenses etc needs to come out of that. Are they going to make 46 mil from the gate and foreign TV?

Froch-Groves is different. The first fight everyone thought Froch would win quite easily and there wasn't much interest because of that. The 2nd fight was a different story because the first was competitive and had a controversial ending. Joshua-Klitschko was already hyped to high heaven and it had a clear winner. It won't sell as much as the first.
                    Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 05-22-2017, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      They aren't making 30 mil each. It's only on PPV in the UK and at £20. Half of that goes to the providers.

They made £28 mil from PPV the last fight, halve that and they got £14 mil, then Hearn/expenses etc needs to come out of that. Are they going to make 46 mil from the gate and foreign TV?
                      Both fighters made £15mil ($20mil) for the first fight. The rematch has will make more money, that's just logical progression.

What I'm saying is, the rematch will make more than the first fight so why would they put it on a undercard? AJ and Vlad wouldn't even make the £15mil they made on the first fight if they put the rematch on the undercard of May/McGregor so why would they do that?

Comment

Working...
                      X