Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward lost and Golovkin lost. It's time to admit it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -NAV- View Post
    How did Golovkin lose? Lol
    By lack of victory

Comment

Then how did you bums score the fight?

Comment

It's time to get over it, not admit it.

Comment

I rewatched the GGG-Jacobs fight and had it 7-5 GGG, Jacobs did well but I don't think he did enough to win, Golovkin just seemed to do everything better and that jab couldn't miss. I only watched Kovalev-Ward once, didn't score it round by round but generally thought Kovalev won it close.

Comment

You can admit whatever you want, doesn't mean your admittances hold any semblance of truth.

Comment

I want to watch Kovalev-Ward again but it was such a **** fight its hard to sit there for an hour and watch it again

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                Not at all. Both fights were similar actually.

The right decision was given in GGG v Jacobs but not in Kovalev v Ward.

I don't see how either Ward or Jacobs even won 6 rounds, never mind more... but even if they won 6, they still lost with the KD. There's no way on earth either of those fighters won the majority of the rounds.
                /////thread

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                  I had a really hard time dealing with these things but it's true...
                  They were both VERY competitive fights. No one walked away with a ONE SIDED win. When 2 great boxers meet your going to have CLOSE Fights. Now move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    Most fans get confused when fights are pretty competitive.

Jacobs did a very good job to not get KO'd but there is no way he came close to winning. Winning 3 or 4 rounds out of 12 is all he did. The vast majority of the time GGG engaged him he did the retreating and hardly ever took the lead.

Koval vs Ward was a much closer match the deciding factor was that the champ did very little in the second half of the bout to win it. His work rate goes to hell and he doesn't throw enough right hands. When your opponent has a weak hand (Wards right) you need to emphasis yours!!
                    Ward has an educated left with a good jab and very good hooks so that may have had Koval second guess letting his right go. None the less you need to take chances in close fights.
                    I expect a huge effort from Koval in the rematch, he must get into better condition and be more aggressive. If it develops into the first fight mode than Ward will win.

No need to rematch Jacobs, GGG is running out of time and needs to go after the money matches.
                    Jacobs had his shot and didn't go for the brass ring. Over!

Ray
                    great post once again Ray!

Comment

I think Kovalev clearly beat Ward. Why the hell would I admit GGG lost to Jacobs when I think he clearly won a close fight. GGG landed more punches in 8 of the 12 rounds by computer box and scored the fight's only knockdown. Jacobs only landed more punches in 3 of the 12 rounds. Jacobs lives in New York but the decision was unanimous against him. All Jacobs had to do was finish the full 12 rounds of the fight for the GGG haters to say Jacobs won and was robbed.

Comment

Working...
                      X