No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: No Rush To Make Davis-Lomachenko Unification

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
    Cool but it's whats hindering boxing today. People what to see the best fight the best now. Champ vs Champ and unification fights not build up current Champions and baby them. Truth be told that era is over you got guys like Loma becoming Champ in 9 fights and Spence getting a shot shortly after turning pro.

Like what's being said. If you want to build a fighter today, thats fine. But don't get a title and then want to take things slow. By the time a fighter wins a title he should be ready for anyone in the world that's why it is called a "World Title" So don't turn around and go oh we don't need to rush because he's only a 22 year old World Champion.
    We all agree the best should fight the best. With respect to your 1st paragraph-then Loma should be fighting Salido, Corrales, berchelt or Miura-all men who are ranked higher than Davis at 130.

NONE of the people calling for Davis/Loma or criticizing Floyd for this think Davis is ahead of the men I listed above. They want Loma to fight Davis because Loma would beat him and because Davis is promoted by Floyd.

in this era belts don't reflect how great a fighter is as they did a generation ago. Sometimes guys get belts because of their connections with promoters.

Even with the belt, every promoter builds young fighters slowly. For example, Is Top Rank going to match Oscar Valdez with Leo Santa Cruz, Russell or Frampton next? Of course not. No one is calling for Valdez to be put in with these guys. Yet posters go in on Floyd because he is actually being honest about not putting Davis in with Loma now.

Come on, its clear as day that this isn't about competition but something else.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      you think davis/floyd wold fight loma even if he had a year of inactivity? floyd knows who is the real deal and who is not. he spent his career not fighting the good fighters until they were over the hill. a year of inactivity is not safe enough for his little minion. maybe 5 years and we are talking
      And I'm a fan of Floyd's skills but what you say is true a lot of guys on his resume were overmatched, older or over the hill his career was based off a lot of match making. Floyd never really fought a guy out of his size range and if they were he made sure they didn't have advantages like draining Corrales but it is what it is. He still won.

My thing is Tank is not Floyd and people not going to want to see that match making style for much longer they tried to do that with Broner fans got fed up. Fans will give u more credit for not being afraid to let the 0 go. That's why Porter continues to get opportunity after opportunity he's entertaining, willing to fight anyone and was not afraid to let his 0 go.. Khan as well although he is a little delusional

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
        Wise words from the marinade king! "Lomachenko is what..30? ok. We'll wait another 7-10 years... when he starts to fade"
        loma is the matrix...well they are going to wait until hes the matrix revolutions and total fu-cking garbage
        Last edited by daggum; 05-22-2017, 08:27 AM.

Comment

you think davis/floyd wold fight loma even if he had a year of inactivity? floyd knows who is the real deal and who is not. he spent his career not fighting the good fighters until they were over the hill. a year of inactivity is not safe enough for his little minion. maybe 5 years and we are talking
          The truth is floyd called all these men out and they refused to fight them. Then when Floyd became the cash cow they all suddenly wanted to fight him.

Comment

To anyone in this thread-why aren't any of you suggesting Loma fight the top guys at 130 and instead fight Davis?

If you are serious about the best fighting the best, why aren't any of you suggesting Berchelt, Miura, or Corrales fight Loma?

Comment

some do...others are just fans of particular fighters. thatas why you have people defending this ducking. he's too young! ok well go back to the minor leagues then. if you are scared then this isnt the sport for you but unfortunately some guys have built in fan bases and take advantage of them brutally. if they support you no matter what then why risk a loss? the only thing the fans want is to see them winning more than seeing who is the best
              Yea now they waiting on one arm bionic bicep Tevin Farmer with 4 losses to put Davis in with next and call it his biggest win yet... FOH

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                We all agree the best should fight the best. With respect to your 1st paragraph-then Loma should be fighting Salido, Corrales, berchelt or Miura-all men who are ranked higher than Davis at 130.

NONE of the people calling for Davis/Loma or criticizing Floyd for this think Davis is ahead of the men I listed above. They want Loma to fight Davis because Loma would beat him and because Davis is promoted by Floyd.

in this era belts don't reflect how great a fighter is as they did a generation ago. Sometimes guys get belts because of their connections with promoters.

Even with the belt, every promoter builds young fighters slowly. For example, Is Top Rank going to match Oscar Valdez with Leo Santa Cruz, Russell or Frampton next? Of course not. No one is calling for Valdez to be put in with these guys. Yet posters go in on Floyd because he is actually being honest about not putting Davis in with Loma now.

hes trying to fight salido and corrales, berchelt-miura are scheduled to fight so no he cant fight them yet. davis is trying to fight who??? any of the top guys? not that i know of.

i thought boxing was a business what happened? now its a dont hurt my guy hes too young leave him alone business?

let me guess its about rac...........race cars?

Comment

The truth is floyd called all these men out and they refused to fight them. Then when Floyd became the cash cow they all suddenly wanted to fight him.
                  yeah bullsh-it but whatever. not a surprise you are revising history. guy wouldnt even fight stevie johnston. let me guess hbo and arum were lying when they said he turned it down?calling out don't mean sh-it. canelo called out ggg then dropped his belt. i'll believe hbo and floyds own promoter before i believe a fanboy about how floyd really really wanted to fight the best

Comment

hes trying to fight salido and corrales, berchelt-miura are scheduled to fight so no he cant fight them yet. davis is trying to fight who??? any of the top guys? not that i know of.

i thought boxing was a business what happened? now its a dont hurt my guy hes too young leave him alone business?

let me guess its about rac...........race cars?
                    Davis just made his mandatory as required.

If anything, Davis should be fighting Salido next-the TRBR board has Davis 7th @130 and Salido 5th.

Yeah, avoid the post and pivot to race in a passive agressive f@ggoty way. Typical.

Thanks for proving my point. You want Loma to fight someone you know is better next rather than face any of the other top ranked guys at 130. You could care less about the best fighting the best.

you just want to see Davis lose because he is promoted by Floyd. Just be a man and admit it.

Comment

If Davis didn't have the title no one would even be thinking bout him vs Loma. It really helping build Davis career the more they talk about him vs Loma so it's not like its a bad thing..

I'm not one to think Loma is unbeatable, we've seen him beat before. So I'm not looking for other Champs to be ducking him either when he's already lost. If I was Davis I'd be like F what Floyd is saying I want Loma sooner than later because Floyd gonna have fans not liking Tank when you not making the type of money Floyd has made you definitely don't want the fans to hate you...

Comment

Working...
                      X