Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Diaz: Peterson Didn't Beat Me; the Judges Weren't on My Side

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not going to rewatch the fight so I don't have to change my impression of it. All I recall was Peterson never showed any respect for Diaz all throughout the fight. But it was a see saw battle with each fighter needing more power to make their punches matter, sort of battle of the wills. And I think Peterson won at least 2-3 rounds in that fight. I just didn't see any judge would give Diaz the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
      I'm not going to rewatch the fight so I don't have to change my impression of it. All I recall was Peterson never showed any respect for Diaz all throughout the fight. But it was a see saw battle with each fighter needing more power to make their punches matter, sort of battle of the wills. And I think Peterson won at least 2-3 rounds in that fight. I just didn't see any judge would give Diaz the decision.
      that's basically the jist of it..diaz wouldnt stand and fight bc peterson was working him over..took a lot off of all of his punches bc he was only punching with intentions of chaning the angle..one hard jab from peterson and diaz would dispense every pez that he had in stock...

crawford still has a tough fight on his hands tho..bc some judges could easily favor activity

Comment

Agree, I had it 8-4 Diaz, those scorecards were horrendous

Comment

I had Diaz winning 7-5.

Comment

Yeah, i thought Diaz won also.

Comment

I thoughts Peterson was the bully and the aggressor and landed the more "telling" punches but I thought the fight was close like 115-113 or 116-112 maybe for Peterson. Anyway Diaz looked good and earned this fight

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Felix Diaz's record reads 19-1, but the 140-pound contender feels undefeated. The Dominican Republic's Diaz disputes the majority decision he dropped to Lamont Peterson in their 12-round fight 19 months ago in Fairfax, Virginia. Peterson won that bout on two scorecards (117-111, 116-112) and a third judge scored it even (114-114).
              [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Funny how people can score fights so differently. I don't care much for Peterson (liked his brother more) but thought he won a pretty clear 7-5, 8-4 type decision. In no way did I think the wrong guy won

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                  Agree, I had it 8-4 Diaz, those scorecards were horrendous
                  Wow, really!? What rounds did you give Lamont?

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                    Wow, really!? What rounds did you give Lamont?
                    Can't remember bruh, I would have to watch it again, but I thought it was a very clear win for Diaz at the time. Everybody sits on the fence these days with any fight that's competitive, saying 'it could've gone either way', it's an easy way out.

Comment

Peterson cleary won the fight. Diaz was inadequate. I think a couple people trolled that Diaz got robbed. Half the people fell asleep or daydreamed during that snoozefest and just went with it. LP outworked the little guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X