No announcement yet.

DEONTAY WILDER: "Joshua has to make it in America"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
    It doesn't have to be the US, but a HW fighter that only fights in his country is never going to be an international sports figure. Fight in Japan, Tyson did..twice.
    I agree actually.

But they have spoken about fighting in Nigeria and the like. But I'd imagine his massive fights will be at Wembley now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      I agree actually.

But they have spoken about fighting in Nigeria and the like. But I'd imagine his massive fights will be at Wembley now.
      Hearn is talking at MSG. I understand GB has a sports industry, it simply pales compared to the size of the US Market. We're talking about a guy who wants to be an actual billionaire.

Steph Curry was already hyping him on twitter the other day. He will be on his way to the US soon..

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        shouldn't wilder make it in america himself?

^^^
        this.....

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
          Hearn is talking at MSG. I understand GB has a sports industry, it simply pales compared to the size of the US Market. We're talking about a guy who wants to be an actual billionaire.

Steph Curry was already hyping him on twitter the other day. He will be on his way to the US soon..
          He's not American though. So he's not going to be a cross-over superstar in the United States is he?

Are there examples of that happening in the US? I am not saying there aren't but I don't know because I'm not familiar with the US sporting scene outside of boxing.

Is there a European athlete who has ever become a mainstream success over there?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            shouldn't wilder make it in america himself?

Comment

Nope, don't agree with him at all.

Comment

Wilder has been doing a lot of shouting recently about AJ. I understand why but he clearly needs to fight a top HW himself. He needs to prove himself more than AJ does.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                  Do you agree with Wilder? Does AJ need to make it in America to prove himself??

Anthony Joshua just cleared $20m, on a fight that drew pretty sizable interest in the UK and in the US (also around the world); coming to America and making it would be great, though

Comment

I don't agree with Wilder at all. It might help AJ to fight in America a time or two but he sure doesn't have to if he doesn't want too. He is extremely popular in the UK and just made a huge amount of money for fighting Wlad in England. As long as he keeps winning he can have all his fights in England and make tons of money every fight. He doesn't need Wilder or the USA. Wilder would love to have the home country advantage in a fight with AJ. I don't know how much money Wilder and AJ made for their last fights but I think AJ made many times more money than Wilder. When it comes to AJ vs Wilder AJ is very much the A side. It will be up to AJ when, where and if he fights Wilder. If Wilder doesn't like it there is nothing he can do about it. If Wilder doesn't like the terms AJ can fight another good heavyweight for the same or more money.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                      Do you agree with Wilder? Does AJ need to make it in America to prove himself??

Comment

Working...
                      X