No announcement yet.

GGG vs Hagler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KeyboardWarrior View Post
    Hagler would win the fight by decision or by stoppage.
    Anyone suggesting that GGG would win is deluded.
    Please, Hagler is overrated. 62 mostly padded wins, 3 losses, 2 draws. This guy would be like the Glen Johnson of the current beastly MW. Good durable fighter, maybe win some, lose some, get robbed some, but ultimately a durable B fighter. Saunders, Lee, N'Dam, Lemiuex all probably go 12 with him and some will win. Canelo clearly beats him. Hagler vs GGG never happens because Hagler ducks him.

Current Jacobs takes over the fragile 1970s-1980s MW division Hagler was a part of with all those tiny ass MW's. Jacobs would knock those fools out Quillin style.

John "Tiny Ass" Mugabi was 5'8". Duran was like 5'6". Hamshoa was 5'8", Roldan 5'8". Antuofermo 5'7". Small little MW's would get stomped out by the two greatest, most hard punching MW's in history GGG and Jacobs. Only MW's in history who would give GGG and Jacobs fits would be Hopkins and Jones and even they would be in danger of getting KO'ed in basically any round GGG/Jacobs decide to turn up the heat.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
      Who wins it and why
      I like Hagler in this match up. Golovkin was having issues with old, shopworn, Kassim Ouma, who would get in his wheel house, and exchange with him, landing on Golovkin almost at will from close range. Hagler could do that much better, with much harder punches, than Ouma could, add to that that granite chin, as well as being a career middleweight. Hagler by decision, maybe stoppage if Golovkin, gets cut.

Comment

Originally posted by KeyboardWarrior View Post
        Anyone suggesting that GGG would win is deluded.
        Great fight with GGG, close winner

Comment

I don't know. Hagler was past prime when he lost to Leonard. Hagler was super deadly in rematches. He would have KOed Leonard in a rematch but Leonard wouldn't give him one. GGG is still great but he is past prime now. Make both men in their prime and I say they fight to a draw. They are both skilled boxers and hard punchers with iron jaws. GGG punches harder but Hagler is faster. Both have great stamina and courage. They are two of my all time favorites. I won't hang a loss on either of them in a fantasy fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
            I like Hagler in this match up. Golovkin was having issues with old, shopworn, Kassim Ouma, who would get in his wheel house, and exchange with him, landing on Golovkin almost at will from close range. Hagler could do that much better, with much harder punches, than Ouma could, add to that that granite chin, as well as being a career middleweight. Hagler by decision, maybe stoppage if Golovkin, gets cut.
            Prime for prime that wouldn't happen.

That's like bringing up Pirog vs Jacobs to gauge how Jacobs would do vs GGG, which many people including me, made that mistake.

GGG was still growing, he was a kid and still stopped Ouma while being vastly inexperienced, he's had 16 pro fights since then. Let's talk about the 30-32 year GGG vs prime Hagler.

Comment

Some of you actually think hagler lost to leanord.. leanord got schooled.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Please, Hagler is overrated. 62 mostly padded wins, 3 losses, 2 draws. This guy would be like the Glen Johnson of the current beastly MW. Good durable fighter, maybe win some, lose some, get robbed some, but ultimately a durable B fighter. Saunders, Lee, N'Dam, Lemiuex all probably go 12 with him and some will win. Canelo clearly beats him. Hagler vs GGG never happens because Hagler ducks him.

Current Jacobs takes over the fragile 1970s-1980s MW division Hagler was a part of with all those tiny ass MW's. Jacobs would knock those fools out Quillin style.

John "Tiny Ass" Mugabi was 5'8". Duran was like 5'6". Hamshoa was 5'8", Roldan 5'8". Antuofermo 5'7". Small little MW's would get stomped out by the two greatest, most hard punching MW's in history GGG and Jacobs. Only MW's in history who would give GGG and Jacobs fits would be Hopkins and Jones and even they would be in danger of getting KO'ed in basically any round GGG/Jacobs decide to turn up the heat.
                I thought you were being serious till you brought up middleweight Roy looool

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  ^^^

Ass-sucking Cuban.
                  BostonGuy TBear is this a mod alt or something?? all he does is post racial slurrs and never gets banned..never talks boxing and slams any fighter who isnt black and slams anyone who says anything against a black fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
                    Nah man don't you know the iron rule? If a fighter comes from a generation prior he's automatically better.
                    True. Hagler would've had 175 KOs in this era

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                      I thought you were being serious till you brought up middleweight Roy looool
                      MW Roy was certainly a beast, good size, beastly power, even beastier speed and counterpunching to go with his power, some good/decent MW wins: Hopkins, Malinga, Vaca, Castro. But we're talking about GGG and Jacobs here. Different era, bigger MW's. Jones biggest top MW was Hopkins. Jones was simply too big, too fast, too much for those small MW's. but the top 10 MW's of today are several inches taller, bigger on fight night and Jones chin was never tested like it would be tested by today's MW's.

Comment

Working...
                      X