Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman Will Not Avoid Brook vs. Spence Winner, Says DiBella

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Thurman Will Not Avoid Brook vs. Spence Winner, Says DiBella

Last Saturday at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, Keith Thurman (28-0, 22 KOs) won a twelve round split decision over Danny Garcia to unify the WBC, WBA welterweight titles. One of the next targets on Thurman's list is the IBF welterweight title, which is currently held by Kell Brook (36-1, 25 KOs). In late May, Brook is going to make a mandatory defense against Errol Spence (21-0, 18 KOs) in Sheffield.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Keith has the momentum on his side right now. Don't lose it with inactivity and soft touches.

Comment

No reason to think he would. He's never avoided anybody. How many times does he have to say it, 'I got an 0 and I'm not afraid to let it go, if you can beat me, BEAT ME!'

Comment

Late May is kind of a long ways off I would hope he would have something worked out by the time that fight comes off. It was a 12 rounder but it is not like Thurman took that much damage so he shouldn't need a lengthy vacation.

To me the winner of Spence Brook should be an early next year thing, maybe late this year but that might be rushing it.

Comment

Ideally, Thurman fights the winner. I also would like to see Garcia fight the winner of Porter-Berto. This is a great first half of the year for 147. If it keeps up, those fights materialize, and throw in a meaningful fight for Manny, it could be the best year the WW division has had in some time.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
            Ideally, Thurman fights the winner. I also would like to see Garcia fight the winner of Porter-Berto. This is a great first half of the year for 147. If it keeps up, those fights materialize, and throw in a meaningful fight for Manny, it could be the best year the WW division has had in some time.
            Porter will wreck Berto, Danny doesn't need to be fighting somebody like that coming off a loss. I would feed AB to Danny.

I think Thurman will fighting Peterson, then the winner of Brook vs Spence

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
              Porter will wreck Berto, Danny doesn't need to be fighting somebody like that coming off a loss. I would feed AB to Danny.

I think Thurman will fighting Peterson, then the winner of Brook vs Spence
              Yea, the only chance I give Berto is catching Porter coming in with that uppercut. Porter is the clear favorite, but I still expect some fireworks. An AB-Garcia match up is good. I imagine that will generate some good ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                No reason to think he would. He's never avoided anybody. How many times does he have to say it, 'I got an 0 and I'm not afraid to let it go, if you can beat me, BEAT ME!'
                This ^^^
                love him or hate him, the guy is ready to fight everyone in his division.. Just because he didn't answer the question of who will he face next, doesn't mean he is ducking automatically..

Comment

Hopefully he isn't going to fight just once per year. He needs to stay active, even if he takes on a lower risk opponent like Jeff Horn, Sadam Ali, or Jessie Vargas, he stays sharp and gets in some rounds. It will be interesting to see how Spence does against Brook and how this all plays out.

Comment

Thurman has said he wanted to fight Brook in the past when it comes to fighting Spence he seem reluctant

Comment

Working...
                    X