Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Louis's resume vs. Tyson Fury's resume

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say Joe Louis, Fury has a lot left to do and at the time Joe was just doing what he did best by that I mean dominate everyone he's not at fault.

Comment

box...."I don't mean as in different rules. I mean that modern fighters are trained to react to certain changes in an opponents stance and so on a lot better. Back then many people who fought a certain opponent would have been surprised by a change in tactics as everything was new back then, and they would go away and think about how to counter it for months. It was like the beginning stages of the evolution of specific styles back then. It is much more refined now which may be why you don't see the same level of versatility in today's fighters. They would have been doing things that they didn't realise were not optimal for the primary styles they were using and so on."

Doesn't get any more full of crap than this dribble
      This is a boxing forum that will counter garbage like this quickly, stop insulting
      "former boxers" and exposing yourself as a BS'er! Absolute garbage...

Ray

Comment

Don't really care to get into a back and forth argument b0x because I am still at work, but I wouldn't say Floyd perfected it as much as he added his own flavor to it. Floyd's style is heavily influenced by his father and also his uncle. I wouldn't call it a perfection of the philly shell, both Toney and Floyd have similar variations but both still do subtle "mistakes" without paying for them. I have studied Floyd's style for many years as a student of the game and while I have definitely added elements to my game from his, the fact remains that he relies on agility and reflexes and sacrifices balance more than you really "need" to using a philly variation, but he was intelligent enough and savvy enough to never really pay for it. The philly shell in its purest form sacrifices no balance and uses more subtle movements. Guys like Toney, Sweet Pea, and Floyd all exaggerated certain movements at the cost of balance which is awesome to watch but also dangerous in practice.

Anyway, i'm nitpiking at this point, the brewing war between you and Ray Corso is kicking off and will prove to be entertaining.

Comment

Resume Louis. H2H Fury would mop the floor with him, genetics even though he's inbred.

Comment

Box you need to look into my archives on this forum as to my past in the sport!

I opened my gym in 1969-70 and it remains open to this day run by one of the young men who I trained in the mid 80's.
            I'm a former Region 1 USA/ABF coach and coached at the Olympic Training Center in Colo. Springs with Pat Nappi and many others.

I have trained state, regional and national champions and have worked with and against world boxing pro champions.

My opinions on based on actual experiences working in the sport not reading forums.

Tyson Fury is a green very inexperienced boxer who prefers to talk big as opposed to fight big.
            His claim to fame is that he is a 6'8" who can actually move around a ring without stumbling. Lets wait and see him navigate some pressure and come off the ground to dominate before we anoint him a great boxer.
            He beat a 40 year old old man who didn't want to engage because he was used to bums coming to him.
            By bums I mean men who don't give max efforts!

good luck with your on line "sparring"!

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by b0x
              Again that was 11 years ago before he changed his style. FAIL! Like einstein said insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results. You can't win, you're wrong. Sooner you admit it the sooner your pain will end. You are burying your credibility (if you had any anyway). BAM! You got pimp slapped again.
              It doesnt matter when he changed anything we are talking about Wlad period and no ,he was with Steward when most knock downs occured which is still irrelevant bc the way to defeat Wlad is to pressure him not out box him ,you are to dumb to get it .

Comment

Originally posted by b0x
                Nope sorry mate, you're wrong there. After Peters 1 Steward came up with a style plan to stop him suffering at the hands of these fighters as his chin was shown to be weak and he was not doing well on the inside. Thats why after Wlad perfected it, he was able to batter Peters in the rematch.
                Yea and? Do you think anyone at that time had a choice to try and not rush in to crowd Wlad ? Do you think Peters ,Brewster or Povetkin out boxes Wlad from the outside ? You are a fool really bc out side Fury you really are lost bc you really dont understand when Wlads opponents start to get punished from the outside with his jab they try to go inside to avoid less damage and give him less delivery power on his punches bc the end of Wlads shots is where his power comes from even hooks like the leaping left he nailed Pulev with ....boxing 101

Sorry mate you cant twist reality !
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 09-06-2016, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by b0x
                  Nope I don't think they out box Wlad from the outside, and they couldn't work their way inside properly. That's why they lost. If they could move well and were slick enough, they could have forced him to fight small on the outside, or worked their way in around the jab, but they couldn't. Emmanuel Steward's new style allowed Klit to batter them as they tried to force their way inside, and clinch them like crazy if they ended up there Hence the nickname klinchko and hence why Wlad's weakness is certainly NOT pressure fighters anymore. It's really simple if a small guy isn't slick he's not going to win on the outside, as the longer reach will always catch him first.
                  Well you are pretzel twisting now ,nothing you stated has anything to do with you telling me PRESSURE is not the way to beat Klitchko ,because it is whether you want to admit it or not and its always been the case no matter how Klitchko prepared or used an inside clinch often when he got accosustomed to it . You were simply wrong and if you had left my quotes up you would still have them there if you thought you were right!

Wlads weakness is and always will be pressure fighters ( that doesnt mean he cant nuetralize them) ,and Joshua at 6'6 whos BIGGER than Wlad wont be manhandled on the INSIDE like Povetkin and will have the advantage bc he is VERY effective ripping shots with power from short distances in a short space , the funny thing is you act like ray cant see when you are doing the same thing here ! Haye ,Byrd ,Chambers etc were ALL slick boxers when Wlad fought them and couldn't do ANYTHING from the outside bc NO ONE out boxes Wlad from the outside because he had reach ,speed and precise technical power punches with accuracy (Jennings turned into a living sticky glue and attached himself to Wlad half the fight to avoid getting hit flush ). Forcing Wlad out of rythm is the only way to defeat him and up until a 6'9 giant with longer reach no one was able to keep Klitchko at bay bc they didnt have those physical attributes to have a choice of going in or staying outside where Wlad is the most DANGEROUS !

Wlads losses and knock downs have come with PRESSURE not technical boxing or jab wars....you either are as blind as ray or are playing stupid ( though im not sure you are playing )...which one?
                  Last edited by juggernaut666; 09-07-2016, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Lets see, Fury fought an old slow Klitschko and Louis fought Max Baer, Sharkey, Jersey Joe Walcott, Primo Carnera, and several other legendary heavyweights.

Close one! lol

Comment

box meet juggynuts you two were made for one another! Continue by all means

bye

Comment

Working...
                      X