Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Admits: I Don't Think I'll Accept Crawford For Pacquiao!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    He wouldn't KO this version of Pacquiao much less the 2009 version. NO FKN WAY. Postol is no Pacquiao.
    Prime Pacquiao terrorizes Crawford. Absolutely terrorizes and humiliates him.

And I'm a fan of Terrence's. He's a damn good boxer. But he'll never even be in the same galaxy as a prime Manny. Ever. And the chatter out there that he's a young Floyd...lmao at that **** too. TC will have a fine career and will probably end up as one of the better pound for pound fighters of this most recent generation -- but he'll never be mentioned in the same breath as a prime Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao. Those guys were transcendent talents.

Crawford is very good but he's clearly not a transcendent, once in a generation talent. He's just another good fighter.

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something. But I think Manny beats Crawford.

Comment

Y'all kill me acting like Manny is just this old, shot, shell of his former self. Dude just completely outclassed Bradley. Bradley is still arguablya fringe P4P guy. And there's still arguments that can be made that he's the best welterweight in the world not named Manny Pacquiao.

I'm sure most of the funeral y'all are preaching over Manny is to discredit Floyd's win over him as much as possible. But y'all need to stop. Manny is still one of the top 10 P4P fighters in the world, maybe top 5. Y'all need to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Prime Pacquiao terrorizes Crawford. Absolutely terrorizes and humiliates him.

And I'm a fan of Terrence's. He's a damn good boxer. But he'll never even be in the same galaxy as a prime Manny. Ever. And the chatter out there that he's a young Floyd...lmao at that **** too. TC will have a fine career and will probably end up as one of the better pound for pound fighters of this most recent generation -- but he'll never be mentioned in the same breath as a prime Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao. Those guys were transcendent talents.

Crawford is very good but he's clearly not a transcendent, once in a generation talent. He's just another good fighter.
          Damn skippy. This is just a matter of boxing enthusiasts latching onto the latest thing like a fad. If he were to lose his next fight in any fashion he would be written off like he never was sh@t. That's one thing MMA has over us and it makes me sick.

When Roy Jones finally lost at 36 years of age, he was a never was over night.
          It's pathetic really.
          Last edited by Boxing Goat; 07-26-2016, 07:11 PM. Reason: spelling ;P

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
            Thread title is so, so misleading. Fails to say he'd take the fight after a warm up fight. He wants Manny to fight him right after he has a fight, so he's warm. Not coming off a 6-8 month layoff.
            Actually he said he wants a warm up fight AND ANOTHER FIGHT then he would think about Crawford.

Comment

Typical team pacquiao. Smdh. Whole career built on deceit and lies.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                Damn skippy. This is just a matter of boxing enthusiasts latching onto the latest thing like a fad. If he were to lose his next fight in any fashion he would be written off like he never was sh@t. That's one thing MMA has over us and it makes me sick.

When Roy Jones finally list at 36 years of age, he was a never was over night.
                It's pathetic really.
                Its not the fans fault that fighters are "written off" after one loss. Its the culture that's been established by the networks, promoters, managers, and fighters themselves. First, the top guys only fight twice a year, maybe. And one of those is surely to be against a lesser opponent. Whether its a mandatory, stay busy, or tune-up fight. So when you only fight one real fight a year, the stakes become pretty high. Secondly, nobody dives in face first anymore. Nobody is out there saying, "who's the best guy, sign me up." Every fight is a measure of risk/reward. And lastly, they try and turn every fight into the biggest event possible. They "marinate" nearly every big fight. And usually don't pull the trigger until public demand is so high, they feel like the event will pull in maximum revenue. Or, both fighters have nowhere else to turn for a big fight. The fans didn't create that culture. Its a smart business model. But if that's how they wanna play it. The stakes on those big fights that happen are pretty close to career making or breaking.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                  Its not the fans fault that fighters are "written off" after one loss. Its the culture that's been established by the networks, promoters, managers, and fighters themselves. First, the top guys only fight twice a year, maybe. And one of those is surely to be against a lesser opponent. Whether its a mandatory, stay busy, or tune-up fight. So when you only fight one real fight a year, the stakes become pretty high. Secondly, nobody dives in face first anymore. Nobody is out there saying, "who's the best guy, sign me up." Every fight is a measure of risk/reward. And lastly, they try and turn every fight into the biggest event possible. They "marinate" nearly every big fight. And usually don't pull the trigger until public demand is so high, they feel like the event will pull in maximum revenue. Or, both fighters have nowhere else to turn for a big fight. The fans didn't create that culture. Its a smart business model. But if that's how they wanna play it. The stakes on those big fights that happen are pretty close to career making or breaking.
                  Some of what you said is true but the fighters of yester year fought a few times a month an let the chips fall where they may. Fans perceptions of a loss, even if a freak loss, is still to completely turn on a fighter on a dime and the media, etc. has very little to do with it. If anything boxers greed has more to do with it than promoters. And rightfully so, but fans need to stick by their man. The latest example is Kovalev. He lets a guy who is not all that well known finish a 12 round fight and all of the sudden, he's not that great. Disregard the fact that he scored a shut out of Hopkins a few fights back and the guy who lasted has never been stopped and got dropped hard in the fight.
                  Last edited by Boxing Goat; 07-26-2016, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
                    Roach admitting they're going to duck Crawford because he's like a young Mayweather.
                    Reading comprehension. Not duck, wait until Manny is warmed up. You know, like Andre Ward needing three tuneups to wait for the perfect moment to fight Kovalev. How is this any different?

And he said he moved like Mayweather but with a lot more power. Mayweather never exhibited that kind of one-punch-hurts-you ability. Against weight drained Corrales but that's it. And, Manny is old.

So if you're trying to use this as an argument that Roach is admitting they ducked young Mayweather, and now they're doing it again, that's ridiculous. Floyd himself said after the Pacquiao fight, if you watch the post fight press conference, that everything is about timing and HE killed the fight back then because the timing wasn't right. He basically admitted he waited for it to become a winnable fight, and ended up making more money for it too, and said he should be applauded for being a good, risk-adverse businessman.

And that's how he's always seen things. You know that. So it's pretty obvious who ducked the fight. It wasn't the whirling dervish Pacquiao jumping through the weight classes going to war with everyone for half the money Floyd made fighting whoever Bob told him to. It was the risk adverse businessman who left Bob because he wanted to pick and choose who he fought, and when, and under what circumstances.

I mean that's just basic common sense. Everything about how Floyd fights in the ring, how he manages things outside the ring, and how he talks about it, tells you that Floyd is the one who avoided the fight for years and years. I'm sure Arum wanted to milk it too but not for 9 years lol. He's never done that before and would have been worried about one of them getting knocked out and all that money going up in smoke, which almost happened because of Marquez. It was Floyd who marinated it that long and we all know that. He kept making new excuses and even when Manny said "**** it, whatever you want, blood testing day of fight, anything, you get to have every single thing your way because I know you won't fight unless I give you everything you want," even then, the fight didn't happen, it still took another 3 years or so. So what does that tell you? It was Floyd all along and he said as much in the post fight interview. At least he's kind of honest sometimes. Respect for that if nothing else.
                    Last edited by Boxing Logic; 07-26-2016, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSurgeonMDMPH View Post
                      Typical team pacquiao. Smdh. Whole career built on deceit and lies.
                      That's just flat nonsense. You know it too troll.

Comment

Working...
                      X