Golovkin would be an easy job for Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mans retired and there will always be "someone"

Comment

Mayweather has aged. He aged with every fight you can actually see how much he has lost compare to his prime years.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        Ggg doesn't need to move up to be a great middleweight. Just like hagler didn't. When hagler ran out of middleweights to fight he bloated Duran and Sri up.

Yes floyd has to unretire and be underdog and fight a middleweight to get as much credit as the greats before him be it Duran,rjj. For floyd to be as good as he wants to be he has to do something a bit special. That's what special fighters do.
        He went undefeated for 20 years and beat hall of famers. If thats not "special" i dont know what is. GGG still doesnt have a single great name at his resume at the age of 34. Floyd already had broken records at that age. You want a retired floyd who isnt the biggest welterweight to fight a damn middleweight at age 40 lol thats the most dumbest **** ever. GGG should move up himself to seek challenges. Floyds retired and done that ship has sailed, lets see GGG move up some weight classes.

Comment

Another thread about Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by Russ. View Post
            He went undefeated for 20 years and beat hall of famers. If thats not "special" i dont know what is. GGG still doesnt have a single great name at his resume at the age of 34. Floyd already had broken records at that age. You want a retired floyd who isnt the biggest welterweight to fight a damn middleweight at age 40 lol thats the most dumbest **** ever. GGG should move up himself to seek challenges. Floyds retired and done that ship has sailed, lets see GGG move up some weight classes.
            That's fine if he don't. The only drawback of that is he isn't as great as rjj, Duran and Ali and Srr, etc etc

He could have fought and beat Sergio but didn't try so is holding back on the possibilities. He's had a nice career and if he can't overcome one lsat hurdle that's fine as long as floyd is happy
            Last edited by hugh grant; 04-01-2016, 12:42 PM.

Comment

I'd see Golovkin as a slight favorite but only because Mayweather looked a bit iffy (relative to his excellent performance against Pacquiao) in the Berto fight. But then again, if the fight is at 154 that creates some uncertainty in how Golovkin would perform.

But whatever. It's clear to me that if Floyd was anywhere near his prime and closer to Golovkin's size it would be no contest.

Comment

Working...
              X