No announcement yet.

BoxingScene Dance Party!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BoxingScene Dance Party!

I'm 34, twice divorced, and I live in van down by the (Charles) river. Anyway, it's been almost 4 years since my last wedding and I haven't danced much since. I have this wedding that I'm going to in mid June and I have to get my groove back, because a man in my position cannot afford to be made to look ridiculous. So I'm asking your help - Boxingscene.

Please post any vids, suggestions or other advice.

Serious responses only

Here are some vids, I've just started watching:

I'm trying to emulate some of Jim Belusci's dance moves

Comment

I suggest simple ballroom steps. They are easy to learn and you at least look liked you know what you're doing. Note: When leading you always start with your left. If you and your date (if you're bringing one) can mirror each other even the simplest of moves will make it appear like you know what you're doing.

Another thing is movement, learning how to step properly ballroom style allows you to get a simple dance rhythm that you can alter to most music, even modern songs.

Look into basic steps from the Tango or Foxtrot.

Edit: You should look into moving your body once you have your footwork sorted. Same thing with boxing, everything comes from the legs.
      Last edited by 2ofEverything; 04-23-2015, 07:36 PM.

Comment

No but seriously....Ralph's got the moves !

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Georges got ****ing owned again by BG

Comment

All I know is the Cooking Dance, the Nay Nay, The Stanky Legg, The Booty Dew, The Ricky Bobby, and the Berney.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EyTe6bECmCM

Yes the person doing that dance is Raushee Warren

Comment

I got you BG, just do what this guy does (even the outfit) and you'll have to beat the drunk bridesmaids away with a stick.

Oh and get drunk
              Last edited by Beercules; 04-23-2015, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Those vid's look like they'd be a big help. If however you discover that you have the whiteman's ill-fated rhythm...have a look at this video. If you can master this you will be a huge hit at any social gathering regardless.

Comment

The lounge if all of us ever go to a club together:

Comment

Thanks, guys; keep 'em coming

Comment

Working...
                    X