Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo is 'Temporarily Suspended' By NSAC Due To Failed Tests

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope he is cleared but it all seems staged in a way. The NSAC will do an investigation, clear him of any wrongdoing and then it'll be legit. The fight will happen. Too much money on the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Sounds like posturing, so they can sound like they're taking it seriously, and I expect they'll probably clear him next week. But, we'll see....
      This is just window dressing, after GGG/Sanchez made those statements they gotta make it look like "this is a serious matter".

At the same time, I don't think Golden Boy and Canelo are too eager to fight Golovkin again. I think they will use this opportunity to cancel and reschedule at a later undetermined time but so far out that Golovkin has to fight someone else like Saunders. They are hoping for a GGG loss or more wear and tear on that 35 year old body.

Comment

• Originally posted by keith_head View Post
        Hair analysis is not going to tell you anything significant, I have no idea why people keep bringing it up.

hair sample allows them to effectively check his system months back, pretty easy to understand, it allows you to pop for weed for 3 months longer than a piss or blood test

Comment

• Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
          hair sample allows them to effectively check his system months back, pretty easy to understand, it allows you to pop for weed for 3 months longer than a piss or blood test
          There would be a sudden rise of zab Judah lookin mf's with no eyebrows and shaved heads lol

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            What good would a hair sample do? It could tell them that Canelo had clen in his body - which they already know - but not how it got there.
            I found this article..
            https://www.dopeology.org/products/Clenbuterol/
            According to it if Clenbuterol was consumed from a one time consumption of contaminated meat it would not show up in a hair follicle test. Apparently Clenbuterol binds to black hair more than light colored hair. Canelo has red hair. So if there isn't already enough controversy his hair color is sure to be a major topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
              It's a smokescreen to make it appear as if they're actually doing something. They'll clear him long before May 5th and the fight will still be on.
              Exactly, why would you bother suspending him now until April 10, did they think he was going to try and slip a fight in before GGG, all a PR stunt to make it look like they're taking it seriously, NSAC is a joke

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Sounds like posturing, so they can sound like they're taking it seriously, and I expect they'll probably clear him next week. But, we'll see....
                exactly what im thinking

Comment

• Originally posted by odogg8121 View Post
                  exactly what im thinking
                  If golden boy is so confident in Canelo than they shouldn't have any issues taking a lie detecting test to satisfy the situation. Rather than make excuses, do what's right for the sport to prove your innocent. They need to stop sweeping the problem under the rug. Nothing will get resolved like that!

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    The statement I was talking about was posted in a thread here, but I've lost track of it now. I just found another one doe, specifically about Canelo, which mentions hair follicle testing. It can't provide definitive proof one way or the other, but it does give more info than a urine sample:

"The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) concede that they currently have no scientific means to distinguish whether failed drug tests for clenbuterol have resulted from contaminated meat or genuine doping.

They insist, though, that a failure for the steroid in countries considered "high risk" for contamination - notably Mexico and China - is not a "free pass" permitting no further action to be taken.

WADA senior executive director, for sciences and international partnerships, Olivier Rabin, insists that a full investigation must be carried out for every single case.

Hair analysis can also reveal the level and duration of exposure - which is helpful is indicating whether contamination is likely even it does not definitively prove anything.

"We are running some studies to try to distinguish but we don't have a magic solution today,"
                    "

https://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...taminated-meat

aah ok, so it exists, but is not definitive

Comment

• I think what most people are missing is the motivational factor in this for Golovkin. Lets just assume the angst he has shown over the last week or two is genuine and he is pissed. I know alot of you mfers like to poo poo Golovkin but he has been on top a long time, that tends to mellow you. You get some money life gets easier and the edge you once had dulls a bit, then this red headed mfer tries to cheat you. Thats some motivation he might have been missing. We got the fire kindled now. Red dont have nothing for Golovkin in his passive state much less one with something to prove. Now Red will have the eye of Sauron on him every day from now until fight night. Golovkin gonna fck this boy up this fight goes off may 5.

Comment

Working...
                      X