Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Must Decide on Ivan Baranchyk Fight By March 22

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Mikey vs Baranchyk?!?!?

These IBF mfers gots the worst f#cking rankings AND they enforce their bs aggressively which makes it the worst 1 2 punch at the abc group level of the game.
    If Baranchyk team is smart they don't even take the fight. Mikey won't be holding that belt very long. Why take the risk? There are easier fights at 140 for belts

Comment

Mikey vs Baranchyk?!?!?

These IBF mfers gots the worst f#cking rankings AND they enforce their bs aggressively which makes it the worst 1 2 punch at the abc group level of the game.
      I disagree. I think the IBF is the fairest and most honest sanctioning body. They don't award 2-3 titles per weight class (WBA), they don't excuse positive drug tests due to nationality or finances (IBF), they aren't bought and paid for by Top Rank (WBO).

Sure their rankings suck like the rest but that's because sanctioning bodies don't rate fighters based on ability, they rate fighters based on who's fought for the organization's regional and minor belts. You know that guy fighting for the NABF belt? It's guaranteed he's rated in the IBF's top ten.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        I disagree. I think the IBF is the fairest and most honest sanctioning body. They don't award 2-3 titles per weight class (WBA), they don't excuse positive drug tests due to nationality or finances (IBF), they aren't bought and paid for by Top Rank (WBO).

Sure their rankings suck like the rest but that's because sanctioning bodies don't rate fighters based on ability, they rate fighters based on who's fought for the organization's regional and minor belts. You know that guy fighting for the NABF belt? It's guaranteed he's rated in the IBF's top ten.
        All I'm talking about is the rankings & mandatory situations they have. And I think they are the worst with their rankings & mandatory situations.

If you wanna talk the bigger picture with abc groups thats a whole other story & there are many things to talk about. But I think thats like comparing dog turds there is so little to hype about any of them as they all suck at something the best, the IBF just sucks the best at rankings & mandatory's as I see it.

Comment

B- troll post or did Baranchyk do something to you or a family member?

Baranchyk can't hang with Mikey.
          Mikey just had some trouble Sergei Lipinets who’s a decent fighter but no world beater. P4P Mikey is better but at 140 I certainly give the stronger, more powerful, and naturally bigger man a shot at the upset especially after Mikey’s last performance.

You use to be a good poster but calling my disagreement with you trolling is far from I expect from a decent poster.
          Last edited by SilverMiles; 03-12-2018, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
            Mikey just had some trouble Sergei Lipinets who’s a decent fighter butt no world beater. P4P Mikey is better but at 140 I certainly give the stronger, more powerful, and naturally bigger man a shot at the upset especially after Mikey’s last performance.
            I think people are judging Lipinets too harshly on his last fight first off, guy had a bad night, he showed he's a threat this weekend vs anyone (although admittedly he was clearly coming up short in almost every round).

And I guess you are overfeeling Baranchyk based on that Petrov fight cuz that guy was barely on my radar before this weekend. I'm not saying the guy isn't a good prospect/fringe contender type guy but he's shooting up 2 or 3 levels fighting Mikey (assuming that fight happens, which I predict it won't).

Comment

I think people are judging Lipinets too harshly on his last fight first off, guy had a bad night, he showed he's a threat this weekend vs anyone (although admittedly he was clearly coming up short in almost every round).

And I guess you are overfeeling Baranchyk based on that Petrov fight cuz that guy was barely on my radar before this weekend. I'm not saying the guy isn't a good prospect/fringe contender type guy but he's shooting up 2 or 3 levels fighting Mikey (assuming that fight happens, which I predict it won't).
              I've watched Baranchyk a few times and there's a lot of potential there that has to be polished but the kid can punch, he's pretty explosive, and he's physically much stronger than Mikey.

I would favor Mikey but this would be a pretty good fight overall as it'll be the classic example of the Bull vs the Matador.

I also remember a lot of people didn't give the inexperienced Luke Campbell a shot to beat Linares because many of them forget that youth and size can easily combat experience and skill.

Comment

Y’all only judge fights based on the opponent popularity lol Boxing is so backwards rite now. Do y’all expect to see no1 vs no1 every fight? Then y’all get mad and call fighters cherry pickers for facing their mandatory.

Comment

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Must Decide on Ivan Baranchyk Fight By March 22

Mikey Garcia (38-0, 30 KOs) is quickly finding out the consequences of holding world titles in multiple weight divisions. This past Saturday night in Texas, Garcia became the IBF junior welterweight champion with a twelve round unanimous decision over Sergey Lipinets at the Freeman Coliseum in San Antonio.
                  [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Why can’t fighters hold belts in 2 weight classes?

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                      they have the worst rankings because they have the most fair rankings. stars dont want fair. stars want special treatment.
                      How do the IBF get their rankings?

I don't know how fair it is, that Shawn Porter is not ranked at 147 at all, but Ocampo has a mandatory. They might not change their rankings based 95% on bribes like the other three, but their rankings do not represent the best and whatever formula they use, works sometimes, and fails miserably sometimes.

It worked wonderfully giving us Brook-Spence, but to now force Spence-Ocampo seems like some kind of joke.

Comment

Working...
                      X