Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oscar De La Hoya is Willing To Promote Fights With Dana White

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Golden Boy doesn't have enough now to deliver much beyond Alvarez's undercards, nevermind talk of trying to fill 20-25 extra dates with actual fights.
    LOL solid point.

Wtf does GBP even got to offer the UFC? He's got Canelo, who he's obviously not gonna let fight on a Zuffa card, and a bunch of prospects that are probably 2-3yrs minimum from making a mark in the sport. There is no fight to make there. And why would Oscar let Dana promote Ryan Garcia or Vergil Ortiz or whoever either????

I don't get what Dana is even supposed to be talking to promoters about. If Dana gets Haymon & Charlo to sign a deal with Zuffa then Dana & Oscar got something to talk about with a potential Canelo vs Charlo fight, but thats about it.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
      PBC
      Top Rank
      MatchRoom
      Goldenboy
      Main Events
      Warren
      PBC isn't a promoter; it's an amalgam to present a unified TV product that broadcasts shows from a handful of promoters (DiBella, Tom Brown, Yvon Michel, Mayweather, Schaefer, Marguiles, etc).

Semantics, but they matter here

Comment

Oscar, this is a desperate move buddy. Stop trying to follow in Mayweather’s footsteps and pave your own new paths. Get some good fighters to promote. Com’on you can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I've legit never heard that the Yakuza drove Pride outta business (or at least that I can recall, mighta forget about it, not like Pride is super relevant these days obviously), but I'll have to look into all that to remind myself.

My understanding was Pride was overpaying guys & just not being a well run company behind the scenes which led to liquidity problems & borrowing money. I could see how the Yakuza could play into all that to though I suppose. Got no reason to doubt you though as I know you go down the rabbit hole on sh^t like this enough to know these types of things. Fair play thanks for correcting me.

Overall point remains the same, Dana didn't go into a favorable situation with the UFC so there is no reason he can't do some damage in boxing too.
          Fair enough

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            PBC isn't a promoter; it's an amalgam to present a unified TV product that broadcasts shows from a handful of promoters (DiBella, Tom Brown, Yvon Michel, Mayweather, Schaefer, Marguiles, etc).

Semantics, but they matter here
            You knew what I ment, but I can be an jack, and say I was listing companies that showcast best fighters lol. PBC is an company that showcase fighters. I never mention promoters :P
            Last edited by Removed Now; 01-12-2018, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              LOL solid point.

Wtf does GBP even got to offer the UFC? He's got Canelo, who he's obviously not gonna let fight on a Zuffa card, and a bunch of prospects that are probably 2-3yrs minimum from making a mark in the sport. There is no fight to make there. And why would Oscar let Dana promote Ryan Garcia or Vergil Ortiz or whoever either????

I don't get what Dana is even supposed to be talking to promoters about. If Dana gets Haymon & Charlo to sign a deal with Zuffa then Dana & Oscar got something to talk about with a potential Canelo vs Charlo fight, but thats about it.
              I think Dana White is talking to Haymon and promoters for one reason; the Zuffa Boxing arc was something that can be used to juice this coming TV deal and working with established outfits gives White quick access to fights that he can use to fulfill that part of the deal without too much extra headache.

With the UFC already to run, is Dana White earnestly going to have the time to go into the boxing markets and do boxing press, build relationships with gyms to help get the in on young talent, etc (a lot of the other duties are things he's already having to do for MMA anyway, so there's that)?

Rather than put that extra on his neck, why not call Haymon and basically wholesale the boxing effort? Dana White can talk on TV to push the fight, the payout for the show is known from the deal, and White pays Haymon 80% of the payout to actually deliver the show.

This is simply blind guessing, but let's say FOX pays the UFC $1m to deliver an FS1 date, UFC pockets $200k and pays PBC $800k, and Haymon delivers the show ($500k in TV pay to the fighters, $300k of the TV money to PBC/promoter, with the live gate and event sponsors adding in).

20 FS1 'Zuffa Boxing' dates, and Zuffa clears an extra $4m in revenue by simply acting as a go-between.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
                if it gets good boxing deals made, I don't care if they're smoking crack in high heels.
                LOL, no s h i t! As long as we get to see some great fights, you can add wearing nipple clamps to that scenario! HAHAHAHA!

and seriously, I think Oscar should consider not making any more public statements for a while...

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
                  Dana will have 0 success if he refuses to work with golden boy or top rank. Golden boy has the biggest name in the sport right now and top rank has arguably the top 2 pound for pound fighters. Dana is used to running a monopoly with ufc where he's the only one negotiating with the fighters. He's gonna flop. Meanwhile Haymon is content to just let his guys fight once or twice a year and only fight a top fighter every 2-3 yrs.
                  Well that's bullshet. I'm a die hard boxing fan but I'm getting sick and tired all this ****ing promoters not working together and making better fights. They don't gotta like each other in order to do business.
                  That's why people say boxing is dying and I don't blame them.

Comment

Originally posted by livershot73 View Post
                    LOL, no s h i t! As long as we get to see some great fights, you can add wearing nipple clamps to that scenario! HAHAHAHA!

and seriously, I think Oscar should consider not making any more public statements for a while...
                    Oscar needs to shut the **** up and not say anything. Ever!
                    Just stay at home snorting coke and let Eric Gomez do all the talking and dealing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dle View Post
                      Oscar, this is a desperate move buddy. Stop trying to follow in Mayweather’s footsteps and pave your own new paths. Get some good fighters to promote. Com’on you can do it.
                      How is he following in Mayweather's footsteps??

Comment

Working...
                      X