Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 days to go. Golovkin-Jacobs still nowhere close to a sell out.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
    Only more reason why Golovkin needs to just take the 15 million flat fee and stop being a cunt about things (and I'm a big Golovkin fan.)
    I would of jumped and took that before the numbers come in for GGG and canelo up coming fights. It's going to be ugly. Canelo sold out just days on sale there are no more tickets to sell with 2 months away from his fight and they haven't even announced an undercard yet. They already on to selling closed circuit tickets for 75 bucks a pop. Meanwhile GGG with cheaper tickets is days away from fighting and tons of tickets left unsold. Canelo already targeting 1m ppv buys, GGG might not even crack 100k buys. It's going to be a blood bath.

That 15m might be off the table in a few months. GGG looks foolish turning it down and even more when out his own mouth a few weeks ago said he wanted a 50/50 split. You pricing yourself out the numbers prove you ain't a star like canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Graz View Post
      No matter. Everyone who is a true boxing fan will watch it.
      Yep but when this bombs I completely blame Jacobs.

Comment

I'm hoping the prices will dip before the fight so I can get a good seat. I might actually stake MSG that night and see if there are scalpers offering anything good.

Really surprising about these sales. GGG-Lemieux must have been viewed by casual fans as a dud. Alternatively maybe they, like me, bought tickets to Thurman-Garcia instead and are reluctant to spend money on another fight so soon.

Anyway, if you were one of many people posting about Mayweather-Berto sales and PPVs you have no one but yourselves to blame for this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Through stream, yes, many people will watch it.

Highly doubt that many will purchase the PPV though. It's $65 dollars for an 8-1 odds fight between fighters who aren't A-sides in boxing.
          True but @$65 it's really a bargain when you compare it to buying a ticket, bucking the NYC traffic, parking, crowds etc. Rather watch it on the big screen at home , see the replays, close ups and commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            What...? I think you need to be blaming K2.

Here they have a fighter (Jacobs) who does not do well when it comes to gate AND viewership in his own hometown vs another hometown fighter but you wanna overprice the **** outta tickets and then on top of that $65 for PPV?

Pfffttt

Comment

Originally posted by Graz View Post
              True but @$65 it's really a bargain when you compare it to buying a ticket, bucking the NYC traffic, parking, crowds etc. Rather watch it on the big screen at home , see the replays, close ups and commentary.
              Hardcore boxing fans they compare buying a ticket and PPV. But for a casual they compare a PPV to either the $15 HBO sub that they already pay for, or free boxing like PBC. In other words it may be a bargain to a hardcore boxing fan, but someone who has no care in the world about ever attending a fight and it was never an option to begin with, they only see $65 vs streaming vs just doing something else altogether and read the headlines tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                We'll see but the best part will be the aftermath on this forum Sunday morning

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  What...? I think you need to be blaming K2.

Here they have a fighter (Jacobs) who does not do well when it comes to gate AND viewership in his own hometown vs another hometown fighter but you wanna overprice the **** outta tickets and then on top of that $65 for PPV?

Pfffttt
                  Yeah these prices are not exciting. The base price to the lower-bowl tickets I got to Thurman-Garcia were $199. Similar seats to this fight cost 300-400.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Hardcore boxing fans they compare buying a ticket and PPV. But for a casual they compare a PPV to either the $15 HBO sub that they already pay for, or free boxing like PBC. In other words it may be a bargain to a hardcore boxing fan, but someone who has no care in the world about ever attending a fight and it was never an option to begin with, they only see $65 vs streaming vs just doing something else altogether and read the headlines tomorrow.
                    Definitely true about the casual fans. BTW love your Game of Thrones reference video. Love that series especially that scene. When does the series start again? June?

Comment

The ticket prices are what they are because the fight was more expensive for K2 to make and they knew they weren't making the money up in ppv buys so they increased the ticket prices to try and soften their losses.

No doubt Thurman/garcia being scheduled so close to them also in NY hurts them. That was the much better fight and if you a NYer and can only afford to shell out paper for 1 fight no brainer you go to Thurman fight. But GGG got bigger issues then just ticket sales HBO aired 24/7 GGGvsJacobs and it flopped terrible ratings. Nobody talked about it because nobody cares. No buzz for this fight and if GGG can only sell tickets if they are dirt cheap and the moment you raise them to prices close to top A listers sell for it flops? then guess what GGG is not an A list draw Simple as that.
                      Last edited by bigdunny1; 03-15-2017, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X