You guys are living too much in the moment....calm down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Granath View Post
    He needs 5 for a draw. Not 4.

Everyone gave Wilder #1, probably for aggression just as the fight is getting started.
    Wilder connected more in round 7 and threw 14 more. That's pretty easy to give to him.
    9 & 12 are obvious.
    So all it takes is one more for a draw and with 7 of those rounds being close in punches landed it's not hard to give him one or two of those.
    Thats all im saying. If its more than likely he won 4rds then its not inconceivable that any judge couldnt give him a 5th

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Hilarious these Americans can't ****ing count.
      Americans struggle to do basic multiplication without using their ten fingers. Wtf do you expect 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Granath View Post
        A lot more than 2 rounds were tight. According to CompuBox, 8 rounds were within two punches landed and there were 7 rounds where the difference in power punches was either dead even or a difference of only 1.

I'm not being facetious - I'm quite interested in hearing your explanation how you believe Fury won 8 "clean" rounds when there weren't 8 clean rounds in the entire fight.
        I have the same opinion as Floyd Mayweather and Lennox Lewis

Man you saw the fight and so did I

Ring generalship was all fury

He made him look really bad

Fury also landed more, yes by not a lot but it was clear for everyone to see who was the dominant one and who was winning

I don’t mean to shout abuse but I am honestly shocked at people disagreeing with 9 out of 10 people who think fury won

Let’s put it this way

One round 3 one of the judges gave the round to wilder, look at what he landed compared to fury

This was a fix and a robbery

Fury landed the cleaner shots and controlled the fight

I can’t disagree with guys like Bellew, Floyd, Andre ward, Joshua, Holyfield and Lewis who all said fury won it and wilder got a gift

I am curious, tell me why the above guys are wrong ?

Comment

Originally posted by McManus View Post
          As in enough thata draw isnt out of the question. Jesus man how are you talking math and you dont have reading comprehension?

Comment

Originally posted by vwelsh View Post
            Here is what blows me away. Let’s say fury won it by 1 rd. How in the world is someone seeing it different by one round a robbery? I think it was close enough to call it a draw. Let’s run it back and see if we get the same debate. More important. We are all pumped on a heavyweight fight! That’s what’s awesome. A man can figure for himself who he thinks won. Belts don’t matter. God bless Adonis. I was happy to see him KO’d but I love this sport too much to see a man in a medically enduced coma and cheer about it.
            This. My whole point was people saying 10-2 or wilder only landed those two punches. Neither are true. There were some close early rds and as a champion if we give wilder at least 4 of them. That puts him in draw contention for a 5th

Comment

Originally posted by B Phontain View Post
              As a champion I said 4 is all he needed. In that scenario is it inconceivable that he couldnt squeeze a 5th?
              This backtracking is embarrassing.

Comment

Lmfao at McManus saying man up.

Also, lmfao at all these people saying Fury got robbed but didnt think GGG got robbed.

You cant play both sides. Same **** different names.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                  I have the same opinion as Floyd Mayweather and Lennox Lewis

Man you saw the fight and so did I

Fury also landed more, yes by not a lot but it was clear for everyone to see who was the dominant one and who was winning

I don’t mean to shout abuse but I am honestly shocked at people disagreeing with 9 out of 10 people who think fury won

Let’s put it this way

One round 3 one of the judges gave the round to wilder, look at what he landed compared to fury

This was a fix and a robbery

I can’t disagree with guys like Bellew, Floyd, Andre ward, Joshua, Holyfield and Lewis who all said fury won it and wilder got a gift

I am curious, tell me why the above guys are wrong ?
                  I'm not going to answer the logical fallacy of the appeal to (false) authority. So let's trim down your answer to the points that someone can address:

Fury also landed more

Now these are good points.

Ring Generalship is very much an opinion and I agree that Fury won this category. In fact, I think this is the most valid point of your argument. But at some point you have to actually throw leather and Wilder did that at a rate that was consistent with his other fights so Fury's claim to this category is lessened. Furthermore, I don't think it's enough to carry an entire fight.

At the same time, Wilder's large number of attempts could provide evidence that he was the more aggressive fighter. While determination should not be mistaken for effective aggressiveness, a fight with few actual punches landing any aggression will help. Wilder continued to throw leather at a rate more than Fury. Note that defense does not win points from judges - it just helps prevent you from losing points. A fighter who lands nothing still can not win a round.

Looking bad isn't a scoring criteria. The closest this comes is to the Ring Generalship argument.

Fury landed marginally more. Not significantly more.

The cleaner shots is quite debatable. I've heard some claim that Wilder's only two clean shots were the knockdowns. If the criteria is that Wilder's only "clean" shots were the ones that floored Fury then Fury didn't land one clean shot in the entire fight. Now I don't believe that for one minute but I don't believe that Wilder only landed two clean shots either. There were instances where I saw sweat fly - or for example the blood from Fury's nose - which indicates there were a number of clean shots from both sides. Wilder's combo at the end of round 2 might have stolen that round, while Fury's combo in the middle of 7 might have stolen that round.

So while I agree with some of your points, there are others that lean on Wilder's side. He threw far more, was very close on punch count and did have the two knockdowns. Most any judge will tell you that the most important criteria for judging a round are (1) knockdowns and (2) clean, strong punching. There was so little of the 2nd that this becomes a very difficult fight to score.

Do I see the the fight 115-111 for Wilder? No more than I see this fight being a blowout for Fury. That's why the draw was the right call - neither guy simply did enough to win.

Comment

Working...
                  X