No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: Jermell Charlo Beats Hurd, Enters Pound-For-Pound

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
    Yeah that's how I see it. Hurd has fuccing stamina and an unbelievable chin so I see him pressuring Charlo all night. We've never seen Charlo in with a strong, pressure fighter like Hurd so it be interesting to see how he reacts to that..
    Would love to see this fight next year. Hopefully Al Haymon doesn't let it marinate too long...
    Fucc it I'll even pay a ppv fee for this fight. Rather pay for this fight than that piece of shet Pacquiao-Broner fight....
    I would pay to see that fight also. Most ppl forget John Jackson was giving him a boxing clinic before he did that wierd sht??? I dont know if that was a dive or not??? He said he was fixing his mouthpiece???

Either way I think I had the fight like 5 rounds to 2 for Jackson before he went out. That showed me he suks against movers and im sure a constant stalker would give him fits as well. He needs space and intimidation

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

Lets look at the verdicts - has Spence even drawn with anybody on Canelo's level? Lets look at what the pundits think - Golvkin won at least one of his fights with Canelo. Has Spence fought anyone on Canelo's level at all? Is Porter or THurman on Canelo's level? Spence would have to defeat Crawford before he'd be in the P4P top 10 on resume.

But you missed my point anyway. Golovkin caught shit for being a P4P fighter cos everyone - including you - asked who has he fought? And it was mostly on the eyeball test. Same deal with Spence.

Spence is on the P4P top ten list because he looks the part, not because of his resume.

Then he starts saying Charlo should get into the top 10 because he'll have the resume if he beats Hurd - oblivious to how he is sawing through the branch he's sat on because he doesn't have the resume, yet somehow IS in the P4P top ten.
      ok ok you got me. Man even though it came late but beating Jacobs and actually should be 1-1 against Canelo. JOHN Jackson was beating the breaks off Charlo and hes nothing special. And your right about Spence. I feel GGG is getting so dismissed because he lost a VERY close decision. I cant see how he is still not P4P top 5???

1. Canelo (only one with a win over top 5)
      2. Crawford
      2A. Loma
      4. USYK
      5. GGG

Mix them up anyway you like but these should be most ppls top 5.

Comment

I would like to see Charlo go twelve rds when u fight twelve rds u learn how to win. And in tough fights a fighter need to know he can go the distance and pull out a tough fight. Charlo needs the rds and he beats this guy then he will have the mindset he can take Hurd to the deep water

Comment

Umm no way in hell does he get p4p for beating hurd.
          Last edited by satiev1; 11-18-2018, 05:41 PM.

Comment

He’s in the conversation if he beats Hurd. I don’t see it happening but I think that would make a statement.

Comment

Hurd got very lucky to get the decision over Lara. Most had Lara winning. And now, Hurd has been clear, he is never fighting Lara again. Sorry, but if you are in the Fight of the Year, and the decision was controversial, they should be a rematch. Especially, when Hurd is 6 or 7 years younger and looked like a giant in the ring with Lara.

Hurd has been ducking Jermell. Jermell has been calling him out for a while now. However, Jermell won't even consider fighting Lara. All these young cats scared of an old man.

If Hurd fights Jermell, then yea, the winner should probably be towards the bottom of the top 10 p4p. Its close though. There are 7 or 8 fighters that are borderline for the last 2 or 3 p4p spots. I would think Hurd would be favored over Jermell, but Hurd refusing to face him makes you wonder why.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                Spence should move up to 154 if he can`t get top 147 fights. Fighting guys like Mikey is wasting time.
                As long as that man can stay in shape then he can stay at 147. You one of them dudes wanting to derail another man without stepping foot in that ring.

Comment

Originally posted by BoZz View Post
                  Spence the over rated bum who's gonna fight a light weight next hasn't beaten one good fighter so far yet he's talking about the charlo clown who even has a worse resume. Isn't this the clown who will fight the bum monroe jr who got smashed by golovkin?! Spence's best win is against some over hyped brawler from England who talks about cookies and what not. Study spence's fights and you'll see how easy he gets hit and how limited his abilities are. About the charlo sisters I don't even need to talk, so far all c and d level opponents.
                  Your calling Errol overrated but NOT Triple L?!?! Goes to show....

Comment

For sure, but it's not a given he beats Hurd at all.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                      Well, but that over hyped brawler form England beat Porter, who is WBC ww champ right now. Just saying.
                      Look at you making sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X