Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wins: Prime Ricky Hatton vs. Danny Garcia at 140 Lbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who the hell has Garcia beat that people think he would beat Ricky Hatton?

Hatton would have wrecked the old Morales that he fought, and the reckless Khan that turned up against Garcia was just a time bomb ready to explode.

The Hatton who fought Tszyu easily defeats this Garcia until Garcia shows me otherwise. I shudder to think what would happen to Garcia if he stepped up to fight a PEAK Mayweather, or even Collazo.

Garcias good atm, no need to elavate him prematurely...

As i said before prime Hatton goes inside and mauls the **** out of him. Garcia for the most part has no room to get off his big left hook, and when he does Ricky takes it and keeps coming (see Tszyu fight). No way Garcia has the skills to keep Hatton out of the inside...

Comment

Prime Hatton could handle that left hook. At the moment, Garcia's power is seriously overrated, and he would need it to win this fight. Hatton by TKO late in the fight.

Comment

Hatton in a mismatch

Garcia is going to get Jeff lacy'd soon and stupid questions like this will stop

Comment

Hatton... easily.

Comment

Sorry but despite not being his biggest fan this is hatton all day. I think Ricky would start so much faster than Garcia, and would take everything Danny could throw at him. Points/late TKO to Hatton.

I don't really get the love for Garcia. I mean he's alright, but was getting his head boxed off for threerounds v Khan.

Comment

garcia may be overrated but so is hatton including in his prime, its a toss up for me atm. one thing i know for sure is when its all said and done garcia will go down as a better fighter than hatton he just needs more time to improve.

i would slightly favor even the current garcia, ppl forget hes really a fighter who gets stronger as the fight moves on. he would be able to keep up with hatton better than ppl think and his power and boxing skills (which arent all that great but still much better than hattons) would give him a slight edge. i like that jab he used in his last fight, sets up his left hook nicely. dont think hatton would cope.

Comment

Swift. Hatton would get Hatton'd

Comment

Originally posted by hova View Post
                  Hatton wins ! People seem to forget Hatton beat people better than Garcia in his prime. He only lost to possibly ,The 2 best P4P Boxers on the planet.
                  That doesn't mean anything. It doesn't matter who you beat when it's a one on one fight. Garcia matches up well against Hatton and imo would knock him out. The left hook wouldn't miss and he would probably just beat him down. Garcia has underrated footwork and would keep Hatton off him. I'd say about a 9th round kayo.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    who has Garcia Ko'd that proves he would knock hatton out??

Garcia mostly catches people with that left when they are at mid range throwing punches. Hatton doesnt fight at mid-range, he fights on your chest grappling, mauling, finding openings, working the body and head withshort hooks.

Hatton by UD.
                    Garcia is bigger and stronger than Hatton. He would create separation and if he couldn't, he could still bully Hatton. Honestly, couldn't really see Hatton beating Garcia.

Comment

Lmao at the thickness around here. Mind you I'm not surprised, most of you are Johnny come lately fans who probably never saw a Hatton fight before mayweather

Danny Garcia has no inside game. None.

He's slow footed, a mid range hooker

Hatton was fast footed inside fighter with good head movement in his prime.

Hatton is not going to be hanging around at mid range.

Do the maths

As for garcia being bigger and "stronger" than Hatton, that's just ignorance, Hatton was incredibly strong in his prime, a bully.

Also let me add, Garcia is a horrible finisher, it took him an age to finish a queer street, glass jawed khan
                      Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 11-28-2012, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X