No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor Drops, Decisions Viktor Postol in Tough Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
    I did not see the fight but based on the scores was it a tough tough fight the most Postol won was 2 rounds...
    Tough, close fight with TERRIBLE home cooked paid judges. Taylor is from Scotland and the fight was in Scotland. Check out Boxing scenes CORRECT scorecard. 7-5 with the 10-8 round.

Comment

Originally posted by kidaguilar View Post
      You guys got a hell of a fighter and the right man won but those scorecards were corrupt. Those judges disrespected Postol and Taylor. This great fight was unfortunately overshadowed by biased judges
      He's came along at the perfect time as Ricky Burns is done at the top level. Always good to have at least one fighter competing at world level. Next step will be a title shot or entering WBSS.
      He has shown he can go 12 rounds against a very good fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Ecosse1 View Post
        He's came along at the perfect time as Ricky Burns is done at the top level. Always good to have at least one fighter competing at world level. Next step will be a title shot or entering WBSS.
        He has shown he can go 12 rounds against a very good fighter
        ... Écosse, right?......................

Comment

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post
          Appreciate the honesty & fair scoring. I also had it even through 8 but Taylor picked up the pace & sealed it with that KD in a fight that should have been scored 116-111 on the outside.

Taylor killed him with counters, inside & on the breaks. Postol kept him at distance pretty well throughout but couldn't pull the trigger with that right enough. Good work to the body though, a decent jab & left uppercut that snapped his head back more than a few times.

Really impressed with how Taylor handled the championship rounds by just going for it, had never been through 10 before I don't believe, let alone 12. Added pressure paid off with that KD & forced Postol to fight more defensively the next couple rounds. Seemed to be the difference in the fight even though the judges had it wider than should of been. All in all, great action & very entertaining bout. Looking forward to seeing both again actually. Taylor passed the giant step up in comp with relative ease.
          Yeah his longest fight before was the 9 rounds against Vazquez and those rounds weren't as hard and challenging as last night.
          It was great to see going into the championship rounds and looking stronger as the fight progressed. It should be WBSS next or Ramirez for the WBC. Saying that I think Ramirez has an optional defence so maybe a keep busy fight

Comment

The best fight of the weekend and Taylor deserved a Unanimous decision but it was closer than the judges cards reflected.

Comment

Heres how the uppercuts by both Taylor and Postol might of changed how you scored rounds 6 and 7.

Last edited by 1hourRun; 06-24-2018, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                shame to see how all the comments are about the judges, when the fight was amazing and the right man won...
                Sounds like I missed a cracker

Hopefully someone has uploaded on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderFists View Post
                  Taylor beats ramirez defo. Prograis vs taylor who everyone got?
                  With a performance like that Taylor would get destroyed by ramirez a marriage is a much more aggressive and stronger fighter than postol... If Taylor gotten hurt by postol is no doubt ramirez would end him... remember postal only has one good win in his entire career and that was from a freak accident...

Ramirez absolutely smashes postol in sparring... Ramirez has far more tools is much stronger, has a chin of granite and fights much more aggressively then postol does

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    Dont forget Postol has been practically retired for 2 years.
                    Postol is also older guy peaked a long time ago and is coming off an injury. Postol made it a close fight and even hurt Taylor, I don't see this as a statement fight fornTaylor, good win, but nothing special

Comment

Originally posted by Force Boxing View Post
                      Postol is also older guy peaked a long time ago and is coming off an injury. Postol made it a close fight and even hurt Taylor, I don't see this as a statement fight fornTaylor, good win, but nothing special
                      100% agree.

Comment

Working...
                      X