Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Prediction Thread for Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chavez ko round 8

Comment

I think it's gonna play out like Bradley vs. Rios. Chavez comes in drained, barely moves and quits after taking body shots for 7 rounds.

To add to this, people will finally realize how huge Canelo is. Put him side by side with taller, leaner Chavez and he'll look like a tank.
      Last edited by j0zef; 01-13-2017, 09:03 PM.

Comment

jr gets beaten into submission and doesnt come out for the 9th rd.

Comment

Skill wise, Canelo by a landslide...chavez will only be a bigger target. Watch those body shots. Chavez will handle those head shots like nothing but the body with the CW is going ti be his downfall.

Well if chavez can catch canelo with a good shot we may see him tested good. I'll watch it.

Comment

Canelo by mid to late stoppage in a one sided affair.

I suspect Junior will come in overweight & there maybe drama in the lead in to the fight that it'll be called off. If somehow Junior weighs in on the mark &/or performs well in the fight or perhaps gets the upset I fully expect him to piss dirty & it all be taken away with a No Contest, if he were to win, & a nice fine + a multi year suspension that all but ends his career. That said it'll be a great cashout night for Junior & its likely to give Canelo a nice highlight reel KO for his Mexican fans & fans in general.

If somehow it is a good fight & Junior doesn't piss dirty look for a September rematch that'll get GGG pushed back to an alleged May or Sept. 2018 that'll mostly be about GBP avoiding putting Canelo into a competitive fight he could lose with the hopes GGG loses in the meantime to be able to avoid GGG altogether.

Comment

This gonna a big battle of the Mexican machismo. Jr is gonna be uber motivated for this fight like he was against Martinez. It's going to be a hard fought fight where both fighters will get hurt, and neither will be the same again.

I think Jr's pride will get him to train hard and make weight. It could be a big upset.

Comment

Imo, this fight is very very easy to predict.

It's gonna be like this.
                Either Chavez Jr gets knocked out or gets outpointed by Canelo and even if Chavez Jr does the unthinkable and actually outpoint Canelo, he'll be robbed. Nothing can stop the Golden Boy promotions ship.

If you are Chavez Jr, you are not only fighting Canelo but you are fighting Golden Boy promotions (who will pick the ref and bank roll the judges). That's a tall tall order to beat.

His only way of winning is by KO, that's it!

Comment

Son of a hamburger kos Canelo in round 9

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                    I think it's gonna play out like Bradley vs. Rios. Chavez comes in drained, barely moves and quits after taking body shots for 7 rounds.

To add to this, people will finally realize how huge Canelo is. Put him side by side with taller, leaner Chavez and he'll look like a tank.
                    That's a great comparison and I stole it in another thread. Lol

I want this to be a great fight because the atmosphere will be incredible but the skill gap combined with the weight drain will be too much to overcome.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                      I love my steak and shrimp but every once in a while you need a cheat meal like a supreme pizza and ice cream. This fight is the latter. Big event, guaranteed action but a circus nevertheless.

Who wins and how?
                      When hasn't a boxing PPV event not been a circus event. In the last 15 years most all PPV have been circus events.

Comment

Working...
                      X