Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you honestly rate Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good. not great. his greatness was reduced on the 2 occasions he stepped up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
      Your obsession with Madden is pretty hilarious.

Your eyes do not see what most in boxing see. You’ve yet to acknowledge your opinion on Golovkin is way off compared to people in boxing.

Think about what? Golovkin is the favorite against a guy who gets very favorable judging. In a fight the overwhelming majority of people think he won he got a draw. And Vegas is interested in getting people to bet. I wouldn’t be surprised if it isn’t near even money by fight time.

So what was Floyd when he fought Castillo, what was Castillo? Now go down the list of Floyd’s opponents. DLH, Cotto, Mosley.
      I don't play too many games (rarely sitting down nowadays, tbh) besides NCAA Football or the companion Madden [throw in Fight Night and Rugby on occasion], and Madden is a general enough sports franchise that using it as a reference works.

Floyd Mayweather, when/around the Gatti fight was happening, was basically at his utter best. By 2005, Floyd was all of 28, had filled into his full prime frame, still had all his reflexes, still hit more than hard enough to hurt anyone he was in with, and his boxing brain had basically seen, done, and been in with any and every style that he could ever expect to see in a boxing ring. Floyd was a 99, imo, at that point without question.

Will not take the time to chase down every Floyd fight and rate him; sorry, not sorry. Still, for as good and dynamic as Floyd was from the jump, he was likely a mid 80s RB when he fought Genaro Hernandez

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
        You keep saying absence, it isn't an absence of information.
        You using fantasy fights that GGG doesnt have in reality is exactly that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hewito View Post
          And still won.
          very true, but you realise you are using one win as the basis for an argument here?

thousands of boxers have one elite win. many thousands have one world class win.
          Last edited by DreamFighter; 06-21-2018, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
            Very little experts think he lost both fights and neither do those who know the sport. GGG almost doubled both in connects. Go to Youtube and research it. Jacobs and Canelo fanboys only dispute those fights.

aint no such thing as a jacobs fanboy

Comment

• Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
              aint no such thing as a jacobs fanboy
              Ok then, GGG haters (you, for example) dispute that. there's plenty of those. Success breeds hate. There's nothing to not like about GGG but his skin tone.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                You keep blathering on about fantasy fights.

If you need two guys to fight to fight in every situation because you cannot figure out who the better fighter we do not have much to talk about.

Comment

It is pretty simple. Golovkin has been the best MW IMO opinion since prime Martinez. I have little doubt that had he fought the Martinez that Cotto faced or he faced the Cotto that Canelo faced he would have won. I am not giving him credit for wins over those guys. That said when I hear Canelo or Cotto getting credit I am going to respond that I believe had Golovkin not been avoided (and this is common knowledge) he would have beat either guy. I think it is more than reasonable to say he would have been clearly the top guy a few years earlier.

If you can't see that because he never fought them then you can't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                    Boxing history cares
                    Often it is obvious that the Lineal Champ is not the best fighter in the division.

Comment

very true, but you realise you are using one win as the basis for an argument here?

thousands of boxers have one elite win. many thousands have one world class win.
                      What is your definition of elite? What is your definition of world class?

I would say few have elite wins, you are lucky to have one in a career. But it just depends on how you define elite.

My examples would be: Trinidad's victory over DLH (as controversial as that may be). Hopkins defeat of Tito. RJJ victory over Toney and probably Hopkins too (though Hops was still early in his career).

You can throw in Buster beating Tyson and probably Rahman's W over Lennox.

For me someone better be fighting at prime status or just off prime for it to be consider an elite win.

Comment

Working...
                      X