Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you lose respect for Mayweather if he fought Connor McGregor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you lose respect for Mayweather if he fought Connor McGregor?

I know a lot of you are scratching your head wondering why would Floyd entertain this fight but it looks like he is dead serious about making it. If it becomes official, would you lose respect for Mayweather fighting a UFC fighter for fight #50?

Why should I? I would have done the same. He got nothing left to prove. Let him take his win #50 and some easy money. He don't need Golovkin. He has moved up in weight enough already.

Comment

Nope! It's an obvious money grab. He accomplished a lot and I dont care. But if he were to get knocked out or lose that would be a travesty

Comment

Would it be a sideshow rather than a boxing match?

Comment

He can do what he wants. I look at it like Roy after the first tarver fight, we knew he was shot and should have retired but his legacy was set. Same with Floyd, if he comes back and hangs around like an idiot like Roy has it will look bad but doesnt take away from what he did. It would be hard to turn down I guess if the money was right because if its a boxing match thats a guaranteed win.

Not exactly the same as Roy, i dont think Floyd is shot but i dont think he can fuk his rep up.

Comment

Who could turn down such money lol,

Comment

No, he is retired, 39 and fighting the face of the UFC, did anyone lose respect when Couture shocked out James Toney?

Comment

Nope. Only an idiot would turn down £100m for such an easy nights work.

I wouldn't see it as an actual proper boxing match though, just some ridiculously high earning exhibition. So if those guys can earn that for it then good luck to them.

The best thing to do is just not take it seriously as an actual fight and either enjoy the fun or don't. Nobody is forcing anybody to pay or watch.

Comment

Boxing has left plenty of scorch marks on casuals and hardcore fans alike. They've been burnt enough to know a mismatch when they're buying one so **** 'em. Its about time we took responsibility for what we consume. Floyd's a hustler. He's gonna hustle.

Comment

Honestly the longer guys keep fighting the lower my respect gets for a fighter. I believe this is a young persons sport & the longer guys stay around the harder it makes for the younger guys to get the attention they deserve & the lesser they themselves are as a skilled boxer.

So basically sure if Floyd makes a comeback, for a fight or more, I'd lose some respect for him on that alone. The Conor angle is just a spectacle type situation that Floyd could take advantage of. If a commission will sanction it, & why wouldn't they RJJ just had a very similar fight vs a no boxing experience MMA guy, its game on & its just one of a million things boxing is stupid about.

As for the fight I will cop to being as curious about what this looks like as much as I think its shameful for boxing that this could even happen. I mean this type of thing could never happen in other sports, but in boxing if you can sell some seats, PPV's or get rankings anything goes.

Comment

Working...
                    X