Rios: I was just totally mind-****ed by Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rios: I was just totally mind-****ed by Pacquiao

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/main-l...-more-part-one

***8220;Honestly, it was speed, man. The speed really got to me. It was really a factor. I had some guys in sparring with speed but this guy had tremendous speed,***8221; said Rios. ***8220;I think also too it had to do with the southpaw [style]. I hadn***8217;t fought a southpaw in a really long time. I was never used to a southpaw until Pacquiao. So sparring southpaws in the gym, they weren***8217;t as great a southpaw as [Pacquiao]. He***8217;s not only a unique southpaw but [the most] awkward southpaw out there and that what was had a lot to do with it.***8221;

***8220;Because honestly, after the second round, I got frustrated I just, like***8230;once you get mind-****ed in a fight, you lose the fight. You lose everything you have to do. You forget about the game plan; you forget about everything because you***8217;re mind-****ed. I was just like stuck, so that***8217;s what happened,***8221; explained Rios. ***8220;We had a great game plan going in. I was executing it in the gym. I was doing everything. I was doing a great job. Then all of a sudden and I get to the fight and we were doing great out there.

And then the second round, I was just totally mind-****ed. I just, it just seemed like everything I***8217;d throw, I was going to get countered. Every time I tried to do something, I was going to get caught. I really got mind-****ed. It***8217;s just one of those things. I fought one of the best southpaws in the world and not just a southpaw but one who is one of the best in the world, so **** it.***8221;

Tyson: "Everyone has a plan until you get hit." -this must be what Rios was explaining. All goes out the window when a fighter is to conscious to not get hit.

I'm no Floyd fan but his is what Mayweather does to his opponents too.

Once they're mentally broken down, they're ****ed.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post

***8220;Honestly, it was speed, man. The speed really got to me. It was really a factor. I had some guys in sparring with speed but this guy had tremendous speed,***8221; said Rios. ***8220;I think also too it had to do with the southpaw [style]. I hadn***8217;t fought a southpaw in a really long time. I was never used to a southpaw until Pacquiao. So sparring southpaws in the gym, they weren***8217;t as great a southpaw as [Pacquiao]. He***8217;s not only a unique southpaw but [the most] awkward southpaw out there and that what was had a lot to do with it.***8221;

***8220;Because honestly, after the second round, I got frustrated I just, like***8230;once you get mind-****ed in a fight, you lose the fight. You lose everything you have to do. You forget about the game plan; you forget about everything because you***8217;re mind-****ed. I was just like stuck, so that***8217;s what happened,***8221; explained Rios. ***8220;We had a great game plan going in. I was executing it in the gym. I was doing everything. I was doing a great job. Then all of a sudden and I get to the fight and we were doing great out there.

And then the second round, I was just totally mind-****ed. I just, it just seemed like everything I***8217;d throw, I was going to get countered. Every time I tried to do something, I was going to get caught. I really got mind-****ed. It***8217;s just one of those things. I fought one of the best southpaws in the world and not just a southpaw but one who is one of the best in the world, so **** it.***8221;

Tyson: "Everyone has a plan until you get hit." -this must be what Rios was explaining. All goes out the window when a fighter is to conscious to not get hit.

I would have said face f*ked but sure let's assume there is a mind to be fked there.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post

in between all the mother****ers and stuff..this is pretty honest account from Bam Bam here... gives perspective as to what speed can do to discombobulate all preparation. Saw another example of this in the super bowl

Comment

Spoon23 when he read this article.
          Last edited by Canelo Phresh; 02-04-2014, 10:15 PM.

Comment

I used to hate the **** of Rios, but the dude trips me out. Hes grown on me.

I'm honestly a fan of his at this point.

Comment

Not gonna lie I felt like I was watching a prime Sweet Pea mixed in with James Toney when Pac was doing his thing against Rios

Comment

Rios was thinking " I can't even catch this guy after using PEDs"

Comment

Why does rips just keep saying "it was just the speed" PAC is better in every way possible

Comment

Mind fucked? That Shiiet sound hella **** lol and he keeps repeating it thruout the article haha "I was just mind ****ed" as if he enjoyed it or something.

Comment

Working...
                    X