Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody punch the heavy bag with their bare hands or just wraps?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
    I'm going to loosely assume this is based partially on the old Muay Thai tree-kicking myths. In that case, I'll leave this article to you.

http://oldstylemuaythai.blogspot.com...ing-myths.html

There are no benefits to hitting harder surfaces bare.
    Myth. Not myth. There is some truth to it. I was an ironworker for 12 years. Sometimes there would be no work for a couple of months and when I started again my arms and legs and chest would be black and blue and yellow and green and purple from climbing columns and leaning over beams. Three weeks later, doing the same thing, the black and blue marks were gone.

I also used to do 3 star blocks. At first your arms hurt and you cannot team with someone doing it for a while; then, when you team with a new guy they cannot take your blocks.

There is conditioning that can be done. Trees. Not trees. I can't say about the benefits of doing that.

Comment

Not I. Too many small bones and things could that could go wrong. I would at least use wraps if I were you but if it works for you I guess.

Comment

I also do this, it's good for the wrists. I also started doing this after my knuckles started hurting from doing 4+ rounds on the heavybag with wraps + gloves.

After i started conditioning my knuckles on the bag with just the wraps or barehanded i can do 6+ rounds wrapped/gloved and they are no longer sore.

Comment

If I was a boxer! I would still give bare hand punching a go! It will help strengthening& conditioning the fist/wrist.

Comment

Working...
          X