Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux Q&A: "I believe the boos were for Nonito."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The boos were for Rigondeaux but those fans did not understand that Donaire was just being exposed as not being able to cut off the ring or be successful against an elite boxer.

Comment

There was alot of hype for the fight,Not suprised the fans werent
      happy with the fight.But this is boxing,It happens.

Comment

The boos was from classless Donaire fans who can not appreciate high level technical boxing & its funny because if anybody was boring and tentative in there it was Donaire. The same guy who literally ran for his life for the full 3 mins of round 12.

He was shook. Every single time he landed anything Rigo came back with better.

You'll notice the only people who have called it boring are Donaire fans/guys who predicted he'd destroy Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          The boos was from classless Donaire fans who can not appreciate high level technical boxing & its funny because if anybody was boring and tentative in there it was Donaire. The same guy who literally ran for his life for the full 3 mins of round 12.

He was shook. Every single time he landed anything Rigo came back with better.

You'll notice the only people who have called it boring are Donaire fans/guys who predicted he'd destroy Rigo.

Hey dan, I'm e-shipping you a supply of Grade A whole milk along with unlimited Dr. Brown baby bottles for these guys. Let me know if more is needed.

Comment

The boos were for Robert Garcia's instructions.

Comment

Rigondo got to be kidding. He was the one doing alll the running

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                The boos were for Rigondeaux but those fans did not understand that Donaire was just being exposed as not being able to cut off the ring or be successful against an elite boxer.
                Not only that. Those that are accusing Rigondeaux of "running," and not fighting, don't realize that Guillermo landed and threw more punches than Donaire. I remember watching the fight live and saying to my friend, "What are these fools booing at? Rigo's actually more active than Nonito. Donaire is just standing there."

It's amazing how deceptive your mind can be when your eyes show you something you don't want to see.

Comment

Don't care for the boos, usually a reflection of the fans more than the boxer.

Rigo didn't "run." Donaire just wasn't effectively aggressive enough. JCC jr put up more of an effort to trade with Martinez.

I recall fans boons Bradley after the Ruslan fight (probably Pac fanatics)

If fans are capable of booing Bradley after that show, then I don't care if they boo Rigo. We don't have to hold boxing accountable to delusional fans who think great boxers are defined by their ability to block with their head or the country they were born in.

Comment

I was there i can tell you all the boos were coming form filipino fans and let me tell you, you could tell there was a lot of casual fans in there from the phillipines that didnt know **** about boxing. a lot of them were wondering how rigo won the fight

Comment

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
                      Don't care for the boos, usually a reflection of the fans more than the boxer.

Rigo didn't "run." Donaire just wasn't effectively aggressive enough. JCC jr put up more of an effort to trade with Martinez.

I recall fans boons Bradley after the Ruslan fight (probably Pac fanatics)

If fans are capable of booing Bradley after that show, then I don't care if they boo Rigo. We don't have to hold boxing accountable to delusional fans who think great boxers are defined by their ability to block with their head or the country they were born in.
                      Excellent post, my friend. Green K.

Comment

Working...
                      X