Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's settle this: At what weight should the Pac-Martinez fight take place at?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's settle this: At what weight should the Pac-Martinez fight take place at?

For it to be a fair and legit match to you punky boys.

?

Vote and discuss..
    3.57%
    39.29%
    53.57%
    3.57%

its hard to say becuase before I read the article that stated he could be a welterweight, i would have said 154...but i also remember hearing a while back that it would be difficult for him to even make 154. so his camp has made contradictory statements as to where he can comfortably fight. He's fun to watch but overrated and i think he would get hit all night long. Manny UD

at 150...his camp said they can make the weight...whether or not they can do it in a healthy manner is on them...

Comment

two former wbc junior middleweight belt holders so the fight should be at 154

Comment

Whatever the two consenting adults agree to.

Comment

It shouldnt take place, they are two weight classes apart and there is no weight where both would be comfortable. Manny "catch weight" Pacquiao would probably try and bring Martinez down far too low.

Its just something everyone should get use to, it isnt a legit fight at any weight, there are just too far apart. Manny wouldnt even go up to the proper JrMW limit for his "title" fight against Marg, he isnt going anywhere near a weight where Martinez would be comfortable.

Also, look at my sig before I get all the stupid '*****' comments. I'm a equal fan of both Manny and Floyd. Its just that Manny has been doing what he's been doing, you bollock lickers cant escape that, Manny fights at made up weights to suit him, just the way it is.
          Last edited by Sage84; 10-05-2011, 10:54 AM.

Comment

What does Pac have to gain from fighting Martinez @150? Practically nothing. The fight should be @155 with the MW Lineal title on the table, or don't make the fight.

Comment

Good question. Pac has never even weighed in at 146 so 150 is the knee jerk answer. But I don't think 150 is 'fair' for Sergio, no matter how much he claims he can do it. But if you do 154, Manny will be outweighed by 8 lbs on the official scale and 20 in the ring. Doesn't sound very fair to me.

I'd say that holding the fight at 155 and maybe putting a rehydration clause in there and putting Sergio's lineal title and WBC rhinestone belt on the line would be a great compromise. Say 155, 165 rehydration max, Sergio wouldn't have to kill himself to make 150 and he was 165 in his last MW fight. Plus, Sergio being a financial disaster and non existent as a draw will be mitigated by Pac having the chance to extend his record weight division belts to an absurd 9. That would still mean Pac is outweighed by 9 lbs on the scales, 17 in the ring, very risky for a guy his size.

Other than that, what motivation does Manny have to face Sergio at 150-154? He has no belt, he has no fans, they give tickets to his fight away for free, and he has sold 0 PPVs. The only thing he brings to the table is his belt.

Originally posted by Leohappy
              What does Pac have to gain from fighting Martinez @150? Practically nothing. The fight should be @155 with the MW Lineal title on the table, or don't make the fight.
              Beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alec900 View Post
                two former wbc junior middleweight belt holders so the fight should be at 154
                yah and only one of them has actually weighed at or near 154lbs.

Comment

Not that I believe this fight will happen at any weight, but if it did: 154 lbs. 150 lbs would cheapen the fight -- Martinez dropping 10 whole pounds is no mean feat and is bound to affect him. 155 lbs would be fine in terms of the actual fight (might overstretch Pacman a little bit), but it would probably be used as an excuse to put the middleweight title on the line, which would obviously be a bunch of bullshit. 147 lbs is just ridiculous.

Comment

First of all, I think you guys are putting too much emphasis on the weight, and thinks that a couple of pounds will make the world of difference. I don't think so.

I honestly don't care what the weight would be. But I do know that Sergio is ALOT close to SMW then Pac is to JMW, and Sergio is supposedly waaaaay too small for SMW according to his team, so the most fair weight would be somewhere around 150 IMO. Sergio is a WW anyways, according to his team a couple of months ago...

But for all I care, the fight could as well be at 155 or 156, and be for Sergio's WBC MW belt. I'd actually prefer it to be at MW, because it would mean more then.
                    Last edited by Bring It On; 10-05-2011, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X