Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does trash talking bother you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no problem with trashtalking if it can be backed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi Hater View Post
      I see a lot of posters on this site complain about trash talking and arrogance. Trash talking doesn't bother me, as matter of fact I like it. If a fighter backs up his words more power to him. The generic, "talk to my promoter, I respect my opponent"...etc is boring. Boxing never has and never will be a gentleman's sport.
      fighters trash talking to sell a bout is fine as long as they set a limit to it...that is something they could do with a touch of self censorship.....

however, trash talking or posting in this forum that borders to racist, very derogatory or inflammatory statements, name-calling and swearing i think should not be encouraged here specially there is a very big likelihood there are young boxing fans in this site...

Comment

I like a certain type of trash tallkers

A guy like roach for example gets people so fired up by calling a KO in a certain round or saying his fighters opponent will get destroyed

Then theres Paulie, Floyd and Haye who force it so much and just try to put on a show

Comment

only softies have a problem with it

Comment

Originally posted by Hi Hater View Post
            Trash talking spices things up and makes fights more interesting.
            Not when they go and fight like Bradley-Alexander after talking ****.

Comment

Depends.

Trash talking to build up a fight is great.

Trash talking when you are not fighting like Mayorga or Toney are currently doing, is not so great. But coincidentally those two are great trash talkers when building up a fight.

Caballero trash talking to Lopez to get a fight was good.

If you're talking crap, but you suck and can't win a big fight like Mayorga does, that is annoying. It's not even funny or entertaining anymore.

David Haye's trash talking is good. Carl Froch's trash talking doesn't sound like trash talking, it sounds like he's really serious, so that doesn't appeal to me. David Haye, you can tell that guy is just a clown in a good way, he's just talking out of his ass and you can tell.

Comment

This isn't golf or tennis by the way there is obviously a certain amount of machismo involved in fighting another human for sport.

Comment

After thinking about i would say no if you back it up, but if your the loudest mouth and talk **** and than go in and fight like a pus*y and than turn around and say you outboxed someone and ran than NO.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    Not when they go and fight like Bradley-Alexander after talking ****.
                    True.

Comment

I think it is GREAT FOR BOXING especially if you can back your trash talking up...it has to be NATURAL THOUGH, it can't be just some guy running his mouth just to get his name out their

someone like Mayweather been talking trash SINCE AMATEURS, that is just what he do, Mayorga gives his HONEST OPINION and he doesn't care about being politically correct

Bam Bam Rios is another guy who GIVES HIS HONEST OPINION he doesn't care about being POLITICALLY CORRECT!

but other people who TRIES TO BE LIKE MAYWEATHER and just run their mouth just to get some media coverage like OMAR HENRY (even though I am a fan of his) I think that is kinda WEAK
                      Last edited by sicko; 06-27-2011, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X