Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THREE levels of boxing fandom...where do you fit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somewhere between 2 and 3 myself. Love boxing, a life long fan, follow is a lot...but there is always more to learn. I have cricket knowledge down to encyclopedic levels, but my knowledge of boxing is not at the same level. Save perhaps regarding HW history, where its pretty sharp.

I'm going to say level 2.5/3.

Comment

I'm a 1. Boxing is where you can't kick right?

Comment

Originally posted by QuCongee View Post
        I'm a 1. Boxing is where you can't kick right?
        lol even floyd wou;ld laugh at this ****

Comment

I'm definitely 3rd. I love boxing. It can't explain it other than that I have a passion for it.

Comment

i would consider myself between 2 n 3. i am no historian, but i know the greats and try and watch every fight i can get my hands on. my father got me into the sport, i consider myself an avid fan and its the only sport i have a true interest in. but i recognize i am still learning.

Comment

Probably somewhere between #2 and #3, closer to #3.

- I have about 30 favorite fighters, along with another 30 semi-favorites.
              - Since I've become an avid fan, my #1 favorite fighter has always had the last name Klitschko.
              - I follow most of the weight divisions, including super flyweight and super bantamweight, although I am more interested in the divisions above lightweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
                Probably somewhere between #2 and #3, closer to #3.

- I have about 30 favorite fighters, along with another 30 semi-favorites.
                - Since I've become an avid fan, my #1 favorite fighter has always had the last name Klitschko.
                - I follow most of the weight divisions, including super flyweight and super bantamweight, although I am more interested in the divisions above lightweight.

Yeah, I kinda knew that about you

Don't feel bad, I've been a Klitchko fan since I saw Wlad get KO'd by Sanders. I knew the kid had the tools, just that he needed seasoning, and a calmer disposition. I didn't know a great deal about his older brother, other than a few clips and his record, before he stepped into the ring against Lewis. In fact, I had $500 on Lewis at really ****ty odds (nearly -300)...almost crapped myself in the 2nd round, lemme tell you.

Personally, I follow everything lightweight and above pretty close, and those below a little less so.

By the way, your name betrays you as being far closer to three than you think you are

Like I said before, I'm not quite a 3, but I'm getting dangerously close, too.

Comment

1.75. I've bought a couple of boxing PPV before and I'll only watch MMA if the two guys are hitting each other and not rolling on the ground hugging. If both are on, I'll prioritize boxing over MMA. Sometimes MMA fights just doesn't live up to the hype like when that guy stuck his leg out trying to kick, closed his eyes, and swung a lucky right hook on Kimbo Slice and ko'd him. <--Very uneventful.

Comment

Working...
                  X