No announcement yet.

Foreman didn't want rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by INFAMOUZ
    Foreman said after he hit Ali in the 8th round and Ali said "thats all you got George", Foreman didn't want no more! lol. Said he never wanted a rematch either. Some folks on here have said Ali wouldn't give Foreman a rematch but Foreman said he never wanted one!

I never knew that. that is very interesting. that loss seemed to have changed foreman. he became a nice guy after that.

Comment

Originally posted by gogan
      i watched the biography rumble in the jungle intitled "when we were kings" in it is a interview with foreman and he says how he was hitting ali with all he had and ali kept on talking the trash. he said hes never been that intimidated before, most people he boxes cant even talk because their jaws are broken. in this he stated he didn't want a rematch with ali and that him and ali are on good grounds, nothing about that fight made them enemies. the only one ali ever faught with anger was the man who called him cassius clay after his name was changed however i cant remember his name at the time, does anyone know his name?
      It was at least two times:
      Ali scoffed above Patterson up to 12 roundes for the given reason. For the same Terrell has received ass whupping.

Comment

"Lightning only strikes once", nice sentence but this time i disagree. I hope you dont mind.

For a while i also was thinking Ali had been lucky, till i decided to look at the match again, for the first time since 30 year. I bought a video with the whole match and saw it five times. I was amazed. Foreman did not have one chance. Ali controlled the whole fight and George tried everything he could. I think if George had decided to back off his problems would have been even bigger. The difference in speed and boxing skill was huge. Ali was just playing that night. I saw Foreman in a movie called "Champions forever" He is really nice and intelligent.

Comment

i think foreman just boxed plain stupid. constantly hit ali in his arms until he was tired. He was too impatient and ali just ticked him off. Then, after foreman was tored out, ali did the stuff he's good at.

Comment

foremans says nice stuff about everybody now days.i bet you if you asked him if he fought frazier again would he win and i bet you her would say no because frazier was waaay better than he was..the fact is ali gave rematches to so many other fights so why not foreman?do you want to know why?because ali knew he lucked up so why try your luck again.sure frazier was tough but not nearly as strong or as dangerous as foreman

Comment

and did you know ali said foreman had him out on his feet about 3 or 4 times during the fight?but foreman never once hit ali in with a clean head shot.which shows foremans power. ali said foreman was the hardest puncher he ever faced.frazier was the toughest and liston was the scariest..shavers hit ali with bombs and yet ali said foreman punched alot harder..which says a glancing punched from a young foreman hurt alot more than shavers best punches

Comment

I am not saying Ali would have lost but HE did not give Foreman a rematch. Why do you think Foreman fought 5 men in One night to get the public behind for a rematch against Ali

Don King even put the show on saying Ali was next. Ali got bored while watching Foreman and walked out saying it was boring just like watching a robot

Comment

foreman says alot of stuff now days but the fact of the matter is foreman tried to get a rematch with ali but ali wouldnt give him one.i can post the who article which explains this to you.saddler kept calling ali out but instead of fighting foreman ali fought norton again frazier he fought some wrestling guy i cant remember his name but ali had no intentions of fighting foreman again.he realized he was lucky not to be knocked out the first time and didnt want to press his luck again

Comment

Originally posted by L8RG8R
                    Foreman is and always will be Ali's *****. Deal with it.
                    LOL...That's true

Comment

Originally posted by hambone View Post
                      i think foreman just boxed plain stupid. constantly hit ali in his arms until he was tired. He was too impatient and ali just ticked him off. Then, after foreman was tored out, ali did the stuff he's good at.
                      - -Heh, heh, Hambone in da House!

Git thee carcass back here to tored up this here boxing forum!

Comment

Working...
                      X