Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Walters: I Didn't Quit! It Would Have Stupid To Come Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
    I can't say that because this wasn't like last week where Ward had a plan on how he could take the win and executed, this was a guy who was lost in the water. No need for added punishment when the result would always be the same. Even if he made it 12 he might not be the same taking punches he could've avoided.
    He wasn't even hurt or getting hurt. Just outclassed. So in your book, mfs can and should quit at any point in a fight if they feel like they won't win, so they don't have to take any more punches in they're loss. Wtf kinda mentally is that for a fan of boxing? When's the cut off, after 3Rd you feel like you can't hang so you would justify quitting huh? You're a sucker for condoning that shxt. This is boxing, and Walters was no where near hurt. He didn't want to fight from the jump and quit like a punk.

Comment

Originally posted by uniquehump View Post
      I think what Walters did was smart. Yes, I would have preferred that he continued, but if he at the moment that he wasn't going to win, why take unnecessary punishment? We've just read recently about another boxer dying in the ring. That boxer may of been too inexperience to know that he took too much punishment. I just feel that Walters came in with a Plan A and when that wasn't working, he may of tried Plan B and C and when those didn't work, he knew it was only going to be a matter of time. Whether he continued or not, it was going to be the same rest, a knockout loss. I think he rather take the technical knockout, then to actually get knockout.
      Haha give me a break, he didn't have any type of plan period. He didn't try to execute anything. He was scared from the jump and gave Loma way too much respect. He went in there wide eyed, scared to pull the trigger, got hit a Lil bit with no real damage, then quit without any hesitation. A shame, and I liked Walters until last night smh

Comment

Originally posted by koolbreez12 View Post
        He wasn't even hurt or getting hurt. Just outclassed. So in your book, mfs can and should quit at any point in a fight if they feel like they won't win, so they don't have to take any more punches in they're loss. Wtf kinda mentally is that for a fan of boxing? When's the cut off, after 3Rd you feel like you can't hang so you would justify quitting huh? You're a sucker for condoning that shxt. This is boxing, and Walters was no where near hurt. He didn't want to fight from the jump and quit like a punk.
        Its a rational mentality what are you talking about? Please tell me the steps he should've taken to neutralize Lomo? What game plan do you advise? I don't know what his corner was telling him, but it didn't work all fight. If he finishes the round he's in and doesn't actually have a plan to succeed then don't take unnecessary punishment. I guess you believe that Ali's corner shouldn't have stopped the Holmes fight? Or when Lee Purdy was getting beaten, but not tragically damaged with no retort in the Devon Alexander fight his corner was wrong? I'm gonna throw and throw and hope something lands is a stupod mentality to foster in a sport where hits don't have to have visually damaging effects to kill you.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiCityExtractz View Post
          Smart man, Why come out just to get your ass whooped? Does a dog come out of hiding when hes getting beat by his owner? NO, because the dogs smart to know that he gonna get his ass whooped. This isnt mothaFuxkin dragonball z where this dudes gonna get a burst of energy outa no where. It just wasnt his night, homie should rebuild for a year, and then hope for a rematch. He isnt a coward yall, yalll are the coward, a man needs to know when enough is enough. Just because he didnt go all michael katsidis dont mean ****, he has a family to live for outside of those 36 minutes. ANYONE CALLING THIS MAN A COWARD SHOULD GET STABBED lol

You can't be cool with putting a hurting on someone else, then go ahead and call it quits when the tables are turned. If that's the case then get out of the hurt business.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            He's got similar angles, footwork, fast hands and that constant pivot off to the side like Calz, but Loma obviously has the better straight punch technique and doesn't slap as much.
            Didn't think of Calzaghe, but your right, they have something in common.

Calzaghe had almost supernatural reflexes combined with great foot-speed (Sergio Martinez comes to mind when talking about reflexes and foot movement too, but slightly different style), and Loma's got that too. But you're also right that Calzaghe used to slap a lot, so his punches lost a lot of their effectiveness (he could get accumulation stoppages, but few one-hitters). Loma's punch form is much better than Calzaghe's, so Calzaghe's strengths without his weaknesses - and he's getting better....as Kellerman might say '...gentlemen, we've got a monster in the Jr. Lightweight division...'

Comment

Really Nicholas?

OK I can understand all of that "discretion being the better part of valor" hokum...but Nicholas...please be advised that last night?

After you went back to your hotel suite?

The ghosts of Arturo Gatti and Diego Corrales took a huge **** on your head.

Comment

Walters better retire already, he has no business being in a hurting sports, its his kind that's killing boxing. How can you expect one spend his hard earned money on fights when at the slightest perception of a well prepared, superior opponent the other protagonist will just raise his hands in surrender and walk out. He was being paid what? half a million bucks to fight three minute rounds for 12 rds. and choose to stop midway? That's cheating, robbery.

Comment

Yeah , he quit lol. Doesnt matter what BS little excuses he comes up with he just surrendered and gave up.

Comment

Almost feel bad for Walters because I can't knock a fighter for making decisions about his body and health.

However, he should've known how fans would react and had the veteran savvy to cushion the blow of quitting on his stool. Go out for one more round swinging; if you get caught a few times, call it quits or have your corner thrown in the towel so you can pretend to protest it. Claim hand injuries or shoulder injuries of some sort...know one would know the wiser.

Comment

Lmao.......

Comment

Working...
                      X