Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saunders: Golden Boy Would Not Guarantee Canelo in Writing!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MantisToboggan View Post
    How come no one critisize Canelo for not signing a contract, its clear that BJS wants to fight him next. The ducking here is ridiculous!!!!!
    Because he broke his thumb so he can't sign. Just like Eubank couldn't find a pen. These are some odd times to be a boxing fan???

Comment

Now it all makes sense. Which is exactly what happened with the Monroe vs Rosado fight. I think it was set for Rosado to fight Canelo. I even thought Rosado would pull it off. So the fight is to go to Monroe, but without it in writing, they'll never share a ring together. I wouldn't be suprised if Rosado still gets the fight and I wouldn't mind it at all since Canelo probably needs to test himself with a less talented middleweight before meeting GGG. But I think the ideal was that Canelo would fight the winner of Rosado vs. BJS so that the belt would be on the line. Canelo probably needs to make sure that he gets a belt so he can really secure a 70/30 split or higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
        You ain't doing anything w/your career anyway, the Rosado fight on the undercard better than you fighting Akavov on somebody else's undercard.

Bet you're happy you finally get to fight Akavov after demanding him for the Canelo undercard for so long
        Are you sure about that? Watch the Akavov fight, it will probably be more entertaining in front of more people and he will get paid better. The world doesn't end at America, he would have got 0 cred for fighting a dude who is 23-10, Canelo should have given that guarantee.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
          The Rosado argument he makes would be sensible if he didn't fight a guy with 27 losses just 2 fights ago. As far as getting a Canelo contract in writing, yeah good luck with that.
          With all due respect that was a warm up for world title fight he was getting anyway. Coming off injury fighters do that, remember this bloke has beaten Lee & Eubank he ain't no mug.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            Last month, WBO middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders (23-0 12 KOs) was being positioned to fight on the HBO Pay-Per-View undercard to Saul "Canelo" Alvarez's challenge of Liam Smith at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

[Click Here To Read More]

I said this about a week ago.

Saunders had no guarantees.

The thing is, so what, hard luck for him..... Canelo would refuse to be contracted to much bigger draw's than Saunders, and why would he?

Saunders needed to stay on board, and he needed to stay in the running. He is the obvious fly-in-the-ointment at 160, so he didn't need a guarantee..... he needed to be convenient.

No big deal, he will probably get that fight anyway.

Comment

promises, promises

Golden Girl is pretty good at making verbal agreements - Monroe, BJS, GGG, but then not following through with it. Just split the purse (Canelo) 60/40 or 65/35 plus % of ppv and sign the contracts. GBP making this way too hard !!

Comment

I probably wouldn't believe this coming out of his mouth but after seeing GBP handling of the GGG fight I'm sure it's pretty legit...

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
                  The bottom line is Saunders has a title and he's not going to fight anybody who he sees as a threat, unless he's paid very, very well.
                  Saunders is a good boxer but he lacks power and struggles with stamina.
                  Without the title BJS is a top 10 guy, pretty much unknown outside of the UK.
                  Saunders is another paper champ, who'll keep fighting guys like Ankavov (unranked except for WBO) until he can sell his title to the highest bidder.
                  Yup - that about sums it up. Its interesting though as both the Canelo and GGG camps know this, so will be interesting to see who is willing to bid highest for his belt. My bet is Canelo as he can then use the belt as leverage with the GGG negotiations. If GGG buys the belt, it doesn't leave Canelo anywhere to go at middleweight but to fight GGG for a belt.

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
                    Are you sure about that? Watch the Akavov fight, it will probably be more entertaining in front of more people and he will get paid better. The world doesn't end at America, he would have got 0 cred for fighting a dude who is 23-10, Canelo should have given that guarantee.
                    More cred than fighting some random russian guy. Just cuz he has one loss means he's something? Might as well fight a Thai guy who fights nothing but 0-23 guys and people making their debut.

I've seen Akavov's youtube fights and even Rosado beats him. And more people than on Canelo's undercard? There will probably be less people for the whole card than there was for the untelevised protion of the undercard at Cowboy stadium.

It'll be more entertaining in which he'll most likely knock this bum out

Comment

I generally can't stand saunders but lets not pretend that rosado would have been a threat to him. Saunders would have beaten him easily. I believe what he says here is true -- they couldn't get the canelo deal in writing and I think some bad feelings and mistrust developed between the two sides with saunders saying **** it I'm not supporting his PPV just for him to turn around and say no thanks after -- we all know what a verbal agreement with Canelo is worth these days. I'm not saying it was the clever decision he should still probably have fought rosado on the canelo undercard but it is what it is.

I think you have to look at why Canelo refused to sign to fight saunders more than anything else here. It doesn't say much for golden boy being willing to take on challenges with their cash cow.

Comment

Working...
                      X