Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Golovkin ever end up fighting Felix Sturm?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Golovkin ever end up fighting Felix Sturm?

I have heard about how Sturm ducked GGG for years at middleweight, now I hear about how Sturm could be challenging Fedor Chudinov for his 168lbs title.

GGG could possibly move up to 168lbs if he unifies all the 160lbs belts (which seems likely), so does anyone envision Golovkin fighting Sturm at all?

Sturm will never fight Golovkin... That ship sailed long ago...

Unless they offer sturm 10 million or more

Comment

It would be pretty meaningless, Sturm is ultra washed up. Way older in boxing years than his age would indicate.

Comment

Let me guess you GGG fans would consider that a good win?

Comment

Only way that ever happens is if Golovkin kidnaps Fedor Chudinov and takes his place in the ring while wearing a mask. Sturm paid the WBA hundreds of thousands of euro to avoid fighting Golovkin. Sturm's not worried about money as much as he's worried about Golovkin.

Comment

Nah, no point in the fight. Like Sugar said, that ship has sailed

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Sturm will never fight Golovkin... That ship sailed long ago...

Unless they offer sturm 10 million or more
              Yeah, that would have been a great win for GGG if it happened when washed up Sturm ducked him at the time. Now that Sturm is beyond washed up, it's no longer that great of a win.

Comment

this is more ammo for the haters than a talking point for the fans

Comment

I don't think so. GGG has no logical reason to go to 168. He weighed 165 a month before his fight with Lemieux. Lemieux, a big middleweight, weighed 176 a month out. GGG is a small middleweight and would be out weighed by 15 pounds on fight night by big 168 pounders. Sturm would probably duck him at 168 anyway.

Comment

The only good reason to move up in weight is if you are weak at the weight you are fighting at. Moving up to a weight class that is too big for you just to show off is a good way to get beat. Examples are Donaire and Broner.

Comment

Working...
                    X