top 10 pound for pound most devastating punchers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• top 10 pound for pound most devastating punchers

Not hardest hitters necessarily.

-Pipino Cuevas: Broke bones on a regular basis, and against the best opposition available to him I might add.
    -Julian Jackson: Devastating KO power, in a flash he could have you knocked out.
    -Thomas Hearns: Was still considered a big puncher even after moving up to Light Heavyweight. His right hand was death, and in general he was an offensive machine
    -Ernie Shavers: Considered by many the hardest puncher of all time. Its just not fair not to add him, even if he wasnt the best fighter around.
    -George Foreman: 2nd hardest puncher in history, except he pulled it off on excellent opposition and still had it even in his mid 40s.
    -Felix Trinidad: A hell of a left hook, not only with power but excellent placement. His right hand was plenty powerful enough to turn your lights out.
    -Edwin Rosario: Most would leave him off this list, but the amount of explosive power he had was staggering, he could take durable fighters and turn them inside out like nothing. And this was with him on drugs and not training a lot of the time.
    -Arthur Abraham: Im shocked to put him on this list, but the guy has some of the most devastating KOs Ive ever seen. Not to mention I dont think hes skilled at all, a lot of the things he does are very basic. He basically made it to the top with pure power.
    -Bob Fitsimmons: I usually hate to put fighters I havent seen much of on any sort of list, but I have to make an exception here. Fitsimmons jumped around weight classes and still had nasty power, knocking out heavyweights(Some weighing 230+lbs) while only weighing around 160lbs.
    -Sven Ottke: The hardest puncher on this list. Look at what he did to the iron jawed Anthony Mundine. Devastating.

honorable mention: Nigel Benn, Bob Foster, Alexis Arguello, Joe Louis, Ray Robinson, Wilfredo Gomez, Olivares, Matt Muhammad, McClellan, Wilde

Comment

1. Julian Jackson
      2. Thomas Hearns
      3. Earnie Shavers
      4. Pipino Quevas
      5. Bob Foster
      6. Naseem Hamed
      7. Bob Fitzsimmons
      8. George Foreman
      9. Joe Louis
      10. Alexis Aeguello

Comment

This is all very debatable but here's my take

Julian Jackson
        Tommy Hearns
        Gerald McClellan
        Earnie Shavers
        Wilfredo Gomez
        Danny Lopez
        George Foreman
        Joe Louis
        Naseem Hamed
        Mike Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          1. Julian Jackson
          2. Thomas Hearns
          3. Earnie Shavers
          4. Pipino Quevas
          5. Bob Foster
          6. Naseem Hamed
          7. Bob Fitzsimmons
          8. George Foreman
          9. Joe Louis
          10. Alexis Aeguello
          Great list jab.Can't argue with that .

Comment

Not in order, didn't want too include Heavyweights really.

Tommy Hearns
            Julian Jackson
            Gerald McClellan
            Archie Moore
            Bob Foster
            Alfonso Zamora
            Pipino Cuevas
            Michael Spinks
            Alexis Arguello
            Carlos Zarate

Harder then I thought it was going too be, still missed out Wilde, Ketchel, Saddler, Langford etc, ask me in half hour and it'd be completely different.

-Sven Ottke: The hardest puncher on this list. Look at what he did to the iron jawed Anthony Mundine. Devastating.
            His power exceed that of a human, it would be an insult to compare him too such inferior boxers so I left him off. The only other man on that level is the one and only Charlie Zelenoff.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
              Not in order, didn't want too include Heavyweights really.

Tommy Hearns
              Julian Jackson
              Gerald McClellan
              Archie Moore
              Bob Foster
              Alfonso Zamora
              Pipino Cuevas
              Michael Spinks
              Alexis Arguello
              Carlos Zarate

Harder then I thought it was going too be, still missed out Wilde, Ketchel, Saddler, Langford etc, ask me in half hour and it'd be completely different.

His power exceed that of a human, it would be an insult to compare him too such inferior boxers so I left him off. The only other man on that level is the one and only Charlie Zelenoff.
              Nice list, easy to forget what a puncher Spinks was.... Good call on him

If we are exluding heavys i'll drop Foreman, Shavers, Louis and Tyson in favour of

Cuevas
              Trinidad
              Ketchel
              Olivares

Edit: i just went for a drink from the fridge and already im thinking about how can guys like Langford, Galaxy and Sugar Ray Robinson not make my cut! I'll stick with the original list though because i could keep changing it all day over and over!

Comment

Michael Spinks at 175 is incredibly overlooked as a power puncher. At that weight, he's one of the greatest punchers I've ever seen.

Comment

Argentinan jr welter Cesar Cuenca (active today).

Nah, just joking, but his record is kind of astonishing:
                  42-0 with 1 (!) kayo.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...9817&cat=boxer

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
                    Michael Spinks at 175 is incredibly overlooked as a power puncher. At that weight, he's one of the greatest punchers I've ever seen.
                    Michael Spinks was a very hard punches at 175, I agree .

Comment

Working...
                    X