No announcement yet.

Foxtel boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxtel boxing?

I notice Foxtel passed on the Dib fight and the Katsidis fight. Neither fight televised. Surely a new low for local boxing.

Wow, they aren't even going to televise the Kat fight?

Comment

Very disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
        Wow, they aren't even going to televise the Kat fight?
        Both fights exclusive to the venues.

In some ways I can understand the Kats fight being overlooked - the opponent is awfully weak. But, whether you're a fan or not, the Dib fight is for a world title strap and the opponent has credibility. It should be on their Friday night fight show.

Comment

Originally posted by ColWallace View Post
          Both fights exclusive to the venues.

In some ways I can understand the Kats fight being overlooked - the opponent is awfully weak. But, whether you're a fan or not, the Dib fight is for a world title strap and the opponent has credibility. It should be on their Friday night fight show.
          agreed, Kats I can understand somewhat but the Dib fight is just as important as the Geale fight... sure, it was for a vacant title but its a legitimate belt, not a paper title, and it is rare we get those sort of fights down under these days... there was zero publicity and I cannot believe Foxtel past on this and then show much less deserving bouts. What's next? They shelve Floyd vs Ortiz and show Tua vs Barrett II instead?

Comment

Guess it all comes down to drawing power,which leads me to think that Katsidis certainly possesses that quality.PPV organisations never think of what the fans would like to see.Their only concern is:Will we profit from showing this fight? The mighty dollar once again reigns supreme.

Comment

Working...
            X