Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should David Haye have gone with Roach and Ariza?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoZz View Post
    yes james toney and we all know how much he loved roids.
    lets follow your logic then.

mike tyson is also a roid user lol

Comment

Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
      Has Roach trained a heavyweight in his life?
      James Toney and Wladimir Klitschko. He did a pretty poor job with them. But then again, he did a poor job with everyone back then. He's been making a lot more world champions from scratch lately.

Comment

Haye with Roach?!?..smh...Manny and Amir don't NEED Roach....the dude is so overrated as a trainer that it makes me sick....brother Naz over Roach all day any day!!!

Comment

Its a tricky one. I think at 30 and having boxing for probs 20 years or so Haye cannot change his style of fighting or learn anyhting new, he will still be a very inactive counter puncher with a tendancy to keep his hands low. I think if once he moved up to HW he could have changed trainer to roach and maybe learned a few new tricks but as mentioned before the ship has sailed. He should change conditioner to ariza though, haye even though he looks amazing with all the muscle is just not that fit, he cannot fight for prolonged periods and he is pretty weak for a HW as showed when he got man handled by Wlad in the first round. Haye is he fights again should come in around 225-230 pounds and actually have some weight behind him so he does not get backed up so much.

Comment

Give Haye a world class trainer and I think he could be something in the HW division. Adam Booth is a joke. Haye spent most of the fight trying to impress the crowd by jerking his head away from Wlad's jabs, which he made look much harder than it actually was.

Comment

i thought haye fought a mayweather-esque fight... constant movement, running, and 20 punches per round...

LOL at the idea of hooking up with any of the mayweathers... what if he chooses jeff?...

Comment

I think that Haye will move trainer now anyway, because when he will be ready to fight again Booth is retiring from the sport. So it isn't like he can ask him to train him for his next fight (If that even comes up with Haye thinking about retiring). Who he should go with I have no idea. Roach though will only be good with lighter weights but saying that Haye can move like one compared to the rest of the Heavyweight's. Weather Haye will become a champion again I don't think so!

Comment

In order for that to work he would have had to have been with Roach and Ariza for a considerable amount of time before the Klitschko fight, probably when he made the decision to move to Heavyweight. You can't just bring in a new trainer and expect him to make you into a new fighter just for 1 fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
                    In order for that to work he would have had to have been with Roach and Ariza for a considerable amount of time before the Klitschko fight, probably when he made the decision to move to Heavyweight. You can't just bring in a new trainer and expect him to make you into a new fighter just for 1 fight.
                    Like Ricky Hatton did with Mayweather lol!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Golden_Boi View Post
                      Like Ricky Hatton did with Mayweather lol!
                      Yeah that was ridiculous! That must have been just so they could hype it more.

Comment

Working...
                      X