Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Joe Calzaghe beat a prime RJJ and Hopkins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
    No to both also some people thought Hopkins beat Joe
    Those people would be wrong.

Comment

No, Jones and Hopkins were not in their prime when a past his prime Joe Calzaghe beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        Adalaide Byrd 114-113 | Chuck Giampa 111-116 | Ted Gimza 112-115

stop trolling
        Thanks, Larry. I knew that 118 to 109 scorecards were BS.

Comment

yes. they waited for joe to get old. what cowards.

Comment

Originally posted by cally83 View Post
            Just stating what I think. Roy lacks that marquee win to be an ATG and always fell short against the best. He's a lot like Derick Chisora or Adrien Broner that way. Griffin (1) lost, Tarver (2,3) lost. Calzaghe, lost, Danny Green, lost, Hopkins (2) now in his prime, lost. Lebedev, lost. I'll not include Enzo as Roy was done then. But the facts are 80% of the time he stepped up, he lost.
            Comparing the great Roy Jones to a mediocre Chisora? Get the fuc off of my boxing board you UK know nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              No, but neither was Joe.
              36 for Joe. 39 for Jones. 36 for Joe. 43 for Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                Comparing the great Roy Jones to a mediocre Chisora? Get the fuc off of my boxing board you UK know nothing!
                they were both decent journeymen. nothing more

Comment

calzaghe beat a prime eubank. thats all we can say for sure

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                    James Toney???? John Ruiz??? Virgil Hill, Tarver?? Hopkins...i know you are trolling but damn you arnt good at it
                    Prime Hopkins and Prime James Toney never existed in RJJ's resume according to clowns.

Comment

Originally posted by cally83 View Post
                      Just stating what I think. Roy lacks that marquee win to be an ATG and always fell short against the best. He's a lot like Derick Chisora or Adrien Broner that way. Griffin (1) lost, Tarver (2,3) lost. Calzaghe, lost, Danny Green, lost, Hopkins (2) now in his prime, lost. Lebedev, lost. I'll not include Enzo as Roy was done then. But the facts are 80% of the time he stepped up, he lost.
                      Even Joe thinks Roy was done 2 years before he fought him.

When the actual guy that you are posting about thinks your stance is wrong, that should be enough to tell you to terminate your thread before it started.

The reason he fought them was in fact because he thought they were shot - but that wasnt quite the case for Hopkins who was still 60% there.
                      Last edited by DreamFighter; 08-06-2019, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X