Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battlefield Earth - OFFICIAL RBR and updates thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess Travolta isn't the highest boss, as a higher up just arrived on Earth and said that the plan is to wipe out humans. Although he laughed after saying it so maybe he was joking. I don't think he was joking. He tells Travolta that he has to stay on Earth for a long time even though he wants to leave. Now that the aliens are alone they speak English. Where's the consistency there? Why would they be speaking our language anyway if from outer space?

The film is bad but not horrific or anything.

Comment

On his first day in a human prison, the human guy beat up the toughest prisoner in the whole place. Did not seem realistic.

Comment

Those mushy peas look nice.

Comment

This is hilarious.

Comment

Some of the aliens start ****ing around with the main guy, but he manages to defend himself well enough that John Travolta is impressed and decides to give him his favourite food as a treat. Rather than just ask him what his favourite food is, Trav allows him to escape and uses secret cameras to watch what he eats. When he eats a rat because he can't find anything else, Trav assumes that must be his favourite food.

It's a bit like Planet Of The Apes, in that it's Earth in the future and Man has descended to a more savage state, and our new overlords are shocked that there is a human who understands things like cameras.

Comment

Comment

Trav isn't making money for his people on Earth, so decides to send humans down the mines instead of paying aliens. He uses some kind of hologram-ghost thing to teach the main human (who from now on I shall call JimBob) how to speak the alien language. It's a pretty quick process, like Neo learning kung-fu.

Trav gets him to explain things to the other humans. Trav puts a Running Man-style explosive collar on the girl JimBob likes to make sure he tows the line, but him and the other humans start plotting a way to escape or kill the aliens or whatever.

Comment

The coneheadcats are really asking to get ****ed over.

Comment

1 hour 20 mins in and I don't get the hate for this movie. 30 minutes left so maybe things change but so far it's just a bit below average, it's the sort of film you'd see on The Horror Channel or on Sci-Fi at 2am. It's a bit crap but that's all.

The humans have 7 days to take back the planet or escape or whatever it is they want to do. I wonder if they'll do it? I think they will. Exciting eh?

Comment

Turned into a bit of a Michael Bay film now. Lot's of explosions, shooting and more explosions and super-planes fighting each other. Humans did a great job of flying the jets considering they have zero experience doing so.

Comment

Working...
                      X